Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Are you interested in getting in on the ground floor of a growing team at an insurtech startup? Would you enjoy working in a collaborative environment where your opinion matters? We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can turn a guideline into structured rules to drive business decisions and performance. This role will put you in the middle of the action and require you to solve the most complex, exciting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven, and impact-oriented environment, read on and get in touch!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand underwriting policies, guidelines, practices, and procedures
- Convert those guidelines into underwriting rules that power Ethos’ Underwriting System
- Work efficiently to gather information necessary for decision-making from underwriters, engineers, and product managers
- Communicate effectively both written and verbally to explain underwriting rules
- Ability to independently work on assigned requests with minimal direction
- Influence and champion change to improve processes
- Comfortable with ambiguity
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4-year degree preferred
- 4-6 years experience as an analyst in a startup
- Experience converting unstructured information like documents into structured data and logic
- We expect you to be tech-savvy with curiosity to learn new tools and technologies
- Positive, inclusive, agile, and collaborative mindset
- A self-starter and team player
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.