Director, Product Management
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Platform teams at Ethos own our Underwriting Engine, Risk Platform, Data warehouse, test engineering, and microservices. These teams build and own the core technology such as our Underwriting Engine, Risk and Fraud detection models, Ethos Data Repository and pipelines, and microservices charter. We are looking to hire an experienced Director, Product Management to lead our Platform Product Team. In this role, you will build and lead a small team of effective Product Managers and collaborate with cross-functional teams to build an impactful roadmap for the platform product areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Platform Strategy: Develop and communicate a clear product strategy for our technology platforms that aligns with the Ethos’ goals and vision
- Product Roadmap: Define and maintain a comprehensive product roadmap for the Platforms group, prioritizing features and enhancements based on business needs
- Stakeholder Communication: Communicate progress against goals to executive leadership and other stakeholders
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with Engineering, Analytics, Actuarial, and Underwriting teams to build a culture of data-driven decision-making and foster a high level of trust in the cross-function teams
- Innovation: Keep Ethos’ IP competitive and build a moat to keep our Insurance Platform Industry the best and the most accurate
- Performance Metrics: Establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and impact of platform products. Design OKRs to align teams to deliver impact
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (Master's preferred) or MBA from a reputed institute with proven experience managing complex technology platforms
- Proven 10+ years of experience as a Product Manager, including experience leading and managing a team of 3-5 Senior Product Manager
- Hands-on experience in managing technology platforms
- Experience building data products
- Experience designing OKRs to align teams to deliver outsized impact
- Experience driving alignments with C-suite and senior executives
- Ability to drive product strategy, prioritize features, and make data-driven decisions
- Broad spectrum communication style to suit different audiences
- Ability to collaborate with Senior Engineers and Technology leaders to solve complex problems
- Proven ability to influence senior cross-functional teams
- Experience managing Risk and Fraud systems and operations
- Experience building Insurance or Finance products
- Experience working in high-compliance industries
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.