Senior Product Manager, Risk Platform
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Risk Platform teams at Ethos own our Underwriting Engine, fraud detection models, and Risk Operations. These teams build and own the core technology that protects Ethos from bad business which in turn allows us to build and retain trust with our partners. This charter is critical for us to grow in the massive Life Insurance market with confidence. We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Product Manager for Risk Platform. In this role, you will be part of the Risk Platform Product teams. You will collaborate with engineering and product leadership, and interface with business stakeholders including actuaries, product operations, sales, compliance, and legal. This role’s responsibilities include identifying the opportunities in the broader risk platform and working with growth pods to balance Ethos’ growth metrics with our capabilities to combat bad business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategy & Roadmap: You will own a problem area within the risk platform platform and build both the long-term vision as well as a roadmap that is aligned with company goals and objectives.
- Stakeholder Communication and Collaboration: You will collaborate with cross-function stakeholders to deeply understand their needs and create solutions that align with business objectives. You will be able to independently report the status and progress against goals to the executive team.You will collaborate with Engineering, Analytics, Actuarial, and Underwriting teams to build a culture of data-driven decision-making and foster a high level of trust in the cross-function teams.
- Prioritization: You will be able to handle the fast-paced environment and apply first principles to prioritize both short-term as well as long-term initiatives. You will be able to effectively protect the engineering teams from priority thrashing.
- Performance Metrics: You will develop and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and impact of platform products. You will design OKRs to align the team to deliver impact.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (Master's preferred) or MBA from a reputed institute with proven experience managing complex technology platforms.
- Proven 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Hands-on experience in building technology platform roadmaps.
- Experience with OKR framework.
- Ability to drive product strategy, prioritize features, and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Having a broad spectrum communication style to suit different audiences.
- Ability to collaborate with Senior Engineers and Technology leaders to solve complex problems.
- Proven ability to influence senior cross-functional teams without authority.
- Experience managing Risk and Fraud systems and operations.
- Experience working in fast-paced startup environments.
- Experience building Insurance or Finance products.
- Experience working in high-compliance industries.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.