Senior Product Manager, Partnership
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Ethos is looking for an experienced product leader for Agent Partnerships, our high-velocity business that gives insurance agents the digital-first platform, services, and Ethos insurance offerings to uniquely serve their clients and grow their own business.
You’ll build products and experiences that delight agents, creating strong user engagement and retention. You’ll partner with teams across design, engineering, analytics, sales, and marketing. You’ll drive a goal oriented roadmap that spans bold new bets, experiments, and optimizations to deliver results.
This role requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to get things done. The ideal candidate will couple deep intellectual capacity, analytical rigor, technical prowess, and creativity around customer experience. We’re looking for a leader who is passionate about advocating on behalf of users, demonstrates a high degree of ownership, and is looking to join a team with a clear mission and purpose.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create a clear and compelling medium and long-term strategy and vision for driving growth, with a data-informed roadmap to realize that vision
- Lead cross functional teams across product, engineering, analytics, design, and marketing to define and execute on our end-to-end strategies for organic growth, maximizing the effectiveness of paid and content marketing, and enabling strategic sales
- Get your hands dirty and drive the product development process for your product from ideation to launch to impact analysis, collaborating with many teams along the way
- Partner with sales, operations, and marketing to define clear goals and plans, leveraging both technology and operational approaches
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 6 years of experience launching products with clear, demonstrated results
- A minimum of 3 years experience in developing technical products
- A STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree (preferred)
- A strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next
- A strong track record of growing products you’ve worked on, both in terms of usage as well as user affinity
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams to prioritize and build products that delight customers and deliver on company goals
- A strong analytical orientation - a focus on data driven decision making and the ability to measure success
- A solid design and technical understanding such that you can engage with your counterparts in collaborative and productive manner
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.