Senior UI Engineer
Forward Networks is revolutionizing the way large networks are managed. The Forward Enterprise platform delivers a vendor-agnostic "digital twin" of the network, based on a mathematical model. The platform scales to support hundreds of thousands of network devices, whether cloud, hybrid cloud, or on-prem. It serves as a single source of truth for the network, enabling network operators to instantly verify security posture, accelerate troubleshooting, avoid outages, and modernize network management.
Over the past few years, Forward Networks has received tremendous industry recognition, including “Cool Vendor in Enterprise Networking” by Gartner, “Product of the Year” by Cloud Computing, “Enterprise Cloud Computing Software of the Year,” and has been named to Fortune’s 2022 “Best Workplaces in the Bay Area” list.
The company was founded by four Stanford PhD graduates who saw a massive opportunity to improve network operations. Investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Threshold Ventures, and Goldman Sachs.
Forward Networks is looking for a front-end engineer to join our UI team and help us build new features for our flagship web application. In this position you will have the opportunity to use the latest web technologies to build a beautiful, highly-interactive, single-page web application that’s currently used by some of the world’s largest companies to help manage their business-critical network infrastructure.
- 5+ years of professional front-end engineering experience
- Comfortable debugging and profiling web apps with browser dev tools
- Care about code quality, user experience, and visual design
- Mastery of CSS and HTML fundamentals
- Familiarity with the latest CSS layout standards (flexbox, grid)
- Comfortable working directly with Web APIs and the DOM
- Experience building single-page applications using at least one of the major front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Vue)
- A good eye for visual design; you get annoyed when things aren't pixel-perfect
- Knowledge of patterns and best practices related to interaction design and information architecture
- Experience designing and integrating with REST APIs
- Comfortable with version control, continuous integration, and pre-commit code reviews
NOTE: Experience in the networking domain is NOT a requirement for this role but is a plus.
Something looks off?