Claims Support Specialist
Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a full-time Claims Support Specialist to join our high-growth Claims Processing team.
The Claims Processing team is responsible for ensuring that our members’ claims get paid accurately and quickly. We do this by evaluating claim submissions and supporting members through the process. Ultimately, we strive to deliver a best-in-class “claims experience” for every member.
In this role, you will be on the front line of our team, evaluating claim submissions and interacting with members via chat, email, and phone to help them navigate the claims process. You will become an expert on Garner’s product, claims processing standards, and the needs of our members. The Claims Processing team is a key touchpoint for our members, so you should be passionate about helping people and a proactive problem solver.
To ensure that we can respond to issues in real time, Specialists have some schedule requirements. Current operations run weekdays during East Coast business hours, though that may change in the future as needs dictate. This position is fully remote.
- Evaluating claims to determine whether they qualify for reimbursement
- Delivering exceptional service to our members via phone, chat, and email, offering education and guidance to help them navigate the Garner claims process
- Following documented best practices for handling claims and communicating with members; suggesting process improvements as you identify them
- Manage and organize workload using Garner’s platform and tools, including Zendesk and G Suite
- Achieving pre-defined goals for claims processing volume, efficiency, and quality
- Triaging and escalating complex and urgent member situations
- Retaining detail-oriented working knowledge of Garner processes and healthcare billing practices
- Relaying member feedback to leadership teams to improve Garner’s solution
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- A passion for helping people solve their problems with an ability to think creatively and empathetically
- Experience working in a customer-facing or operations environment with demonstrated experience staying calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of detail- and process-orientation, digital organization, and resourcefulness
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment; comfortable with some ambiguity
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system
- A quiet and distraction-free work environment with a reliable internet connection (ability to hard wire if needed strongly preferred)
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
The salary range for this position is: $20-22/hour. Compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.