Claims Operations Supervisor
Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a full-time Claims Operations Supervisor to lead a group of Claims Specialists on our high-growth Claims Processing team.
The Claims Processing team is responsible for ensuring that our members’ claims get paid accurately and quickly. We do this by evaluating claim submissions and supporting members through the process. Ultimately, we strive to deliver a best-in-class “claims experience” for every member.
In this role, you will become an expert on Garner’s product, claims processing standards, and the needs of our members. You will lead a team of Claims Specialists whose role is to evaluate claims and interact directly with members. You will manage the team’s performance, ensure we hit our processing metrics, and serve as an escalation point for complex member issues.
To ensure that we can respond to issues in real time, the Claims Operations Supervisor will have some coverage requirements. Current operations run weekdays during East Coast business hours, though that may change in the future as needs dictate. Garner is headquartered in NYC, but this position is remote.
- Delivering exceptional service to our members on the most complex claim submissions via phone, chat, and email, offering education and guidance to help them navigate the Garner claims process
- Overseeing the quality and efficiency of a team of Claims Specialists and ensuring all key performance metrics are being met by the team
- Answering detailed process questions from team members and ensuring all issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Coaching team on best practices and identifying areas of improvement in current processes
- Relaying member feedback to product and operations teams to improve Garner’s solution
- Maintaining a detailed working knowledge of Garner processes and healthcare billing practices
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility in a customer support or operations role
- Experience managing a team and driving excellent results
- A passion for helping people solve their problems, with an ability to think creatively and empathetically while staying calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of process-orientation, digital organization, and resourcefulness
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000. Compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.