Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for an experienced and hands-on Internal IT Manager to plan and manage all IT solutions supporting our workforce. This person will work closely with our executive team to understand their IT needs and plan, implement, and manage solutions to handle them. They will independently create and own IT policies needed to ensure smooth and secure operations for all Garner employees while using IT assets and infrastructure. This role reports directly to the Head of Engineering.
Garner is headquartered in NYC and this role allows flexibility of working at home up to two days a week.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of internal IT solutions, including Google Workspace, office networking infrastructure, video conferencing, printers, and deployed laptops.
- Implement and manage policies, controls, and training for all workforce IT solutions supporting our information security posture in coordination with our Chief Information Security Officer
- Collaborate with business leadership in planning and implementing a technology roadmap to meet the changing needs of the business, including vendor selection, integration, and ongoing management
- Manage the budget and procurement for the Business Technology department, covering all capital and operating expenses relating to IT solutions across the company
Ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of experience working with or managing IT systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
- Experience managing a fleet of deployed Apple computers and a Unifi-based networking solution
- Experience managing enterprise technology solutions such as Google Workspace, Salesforce, Slack, Zendesk, and Zoom
- Relevant advanced certifications (e.g. Jamf 200–400, Ubiquiti UNS/UEWA)
- Ability to quickly comprehend and evaluate the capabilities of technologies and vendor offerings
- Experience defining and executing a technology strategy and roadmap that balances needs from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to write or supervise the creation of software to connect vendor solutions together
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and do whatever is necessary to ensure company success
- Experience working in a rapidly evolving startup environment with notable upside preferred
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the U.S. healthcare system
What we look for at Garner:
- Mission first: Garner’s mission is to transform our healthcare system. Everything else is secondary.
- Extraordinary or nothing: Our mission is audacious. We only succeed by producing exceptional results.
- Communicate courageously: We say what needs to be said even when challenging.
- Supportive community: Our path is difficult, so we spend extra time supporting each other on the journey. It’s also more fun that way.
The target salary range for this position is: $120,000 - 150,000. Individual compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.