People Operations Manager
Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a People Operations Manager responsible for ensuring our People programs provide an exceptional employee experience. In this role, you’ll be an advocate of Garner’s culture while developing and executing People processes spanning employee engagement, performance management, learning and development, benefits, compliance, and more. The ideal candidate has a continuous improvement mindset, is a proactive and employee-centric problem-solver, and has the ability to drive projects from idea to execution. You are excited about the opportunity to build strong, authentic relationships and act as a trusted partner to employees and leadership.
This is a hybrid role and will require 3 days most weeks in Garner’s New York City office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and improve core People processes across the employee experience such as performance management, compensation and benefits, onboarding and offboarding, learning and development, and employee events.
- Consult with leaders to provide fair and effective coaching on management practices and advice on People programs and policies.
- Partner on change management challenges and complex employee matters, including driving investigations.
- Innovate on practices and programs to build a highly connected and engaged hybrid workforce.
- Support the development and implementation of our People technology roadmap and People analytics capabilities.
- Partner with our Legal team to support and rollout of compliance programs.
- Provide up to 5 hours per week of backup office management support.
Ideal candidate has:
- 2-5 years of experience as a People Business Partner, Generalist, or People Operations professional in a high-growth company.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Demonstrated passion for delivering an exceptional employee experience; strong knowledge of best practices and innovation across People processes, culture, and team effectiveness.
- A combination of high ownership mentality, detail orientation, and excellent project management skills that has resulted in a proven track record of delivering People initiatives.
- Strong skills in risk mitigation and employee relations.
- Analytical mindset and experience with People analytics; an aptitude for telling stories with data; advanced excel/google sheets abilities strongly preferred.
- Experience building and scaling People processes in a rapidly evolving, high-bar environment.
- A willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and do whatever is necessary to ensure company success.
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the U.S. healthcare system.
What we look for at Garner:
- Mission First: Our mission is to transform our healthcare system, delivering high quality and affordable care to all. Everything else is secondary.
- Expect Extraordinary: Our mission is audacious, so we will only succeed by producing exceptional results. We continually push ourselves and each other to new heights and beyond our comfort zones.
- Courageous Communication: Transparency and candor are imperative to realizing our potential as an organization and as individuals—even when uncomfortable. Many companies talk about these values. We live them.
- Supportive community: We know that people do their best work and learn the most when they feel genuinely supported and cared for. It’s also more fun that way.
The target salary range for this position is: $110,000 - $135,000. Individual compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.