Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a full-time Data Associate to support mission-critical company operations.
In this role, you will validate, clean, manipulate, and analyze data. You will be staffed on various projects that are critical for the operations of Garner’s product. For example, you may help ensure that the information that we display to our members about medical providers is up-to-date and accurate.
The ideal candidate for this role will be detail-oriented and will have experience with and interest in working with data.
Responsibilities will include:
- Validate, clean, manipulate, and analyze large data sets using Garner’s platform and tools, including Google Sheets, SQL, and Python
- Follow documented operating procedures to complete recurring data tasks like performing quality assurance on data sets
- Achieve predefined goals for deliverable time and quality
- Manage and organize workload
- Suggest process improvements as you identify them
- Retain detail-oriented working knowledge of Garner processes and healthcare infrastructure
Ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of work experience, inclusive of any internships
- BA/BS in a major that required quantitative analysis OR equivalent (e.g., data bootcamp)
- Demonstrated work or academic experience in data cleaning, manipulation, and analysis
- Fluency in data manipulation and analysis in Google Sheets or Excel; basic familiarity with data programming preferred (e.g., in SQL, Python, R, STATA, or similar)
- A willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and do whatever is necessary to ensure company success
- Experience working in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the U.S. healthcare system
What we look for at Garner:
- Mission First: Our mission is to transform our healthcare system, delivering high quality and affordable care to all. Everything else is secondary.
- Expect Extraordinary: Our mission is audacious, so we will only succeed by producing exceptional results. We continually push ourselves and each other to new heights and beyond our comfort zones.
- Courageous Communication: Transparency and candor are imperative to realizing our potential as an organization and as individuals—even when uncomfortable. Many companies talk about these values. We live them.
- Supportive community: We know that people do their best work and learn the most when they feel genuinely supported and cared for. It’s also more fun that way.
The target salary range for this position is: $50,000- $60,000. Individual compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.