Strategy & Operations Manager
Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a talented, motivated self-starter to join the team as we hit our next phase of growth. This role sits in the Office of the CEO and will take on a fluid set of responsibilities depending on the company's needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execute strategic projects across the business; dive deep into areas of high priority for Garner’s leadership team
- Develop and industrialize operational processes in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
- Support Garner’s strategic operating rhythm, including managing company KPIs and driving our annual / quarterly planning processes
- Work directly with the CEO on high-visibility initiatives for the business
Ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years of experience in a strategic problem solving role; prior experience in management consulting, investment banking, or an early stage startup environment
- A strong ability to break down unstructured problems into their component parts, recommend solutions, and work with cross-functional stakeholders to implement them
- A combination of high ownership mentality and detail orientation that has resulted in a track record of delivering operational initiatives
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize insights from complex data
- A willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and do whatever is necessary to ensure company success
- Experience working in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the U.S. healthcare system
What we look for at Garner:
- Mission First: Our mission is to transform our healthcare system, delivering high quality and affordable care to all. Everything else is secondary.
- Expect Extraordinary: Our mission is audacious, so we will only succeed by producing exceptional results. We continually push ourselves and each other to new heights and beyond our comfort zones.
- Courageous Communication: Transparency and candor are imperative to realizing our potential as an organization and as individuals—even when uncomfortable. Many companies talk about these values. We live them.
- Supportive community: We know that people do their best work and learn the most when they feel genuinely supported and cared for. It’s also more fun that way.
The target salary range for this position is: $120,000- $135,000. Individual compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.