Head of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Goldfinch is a private credit platform that is using the blockchain to empower financial inclusion and investor access around the world.
Our vision is to connect the world’s capital to the world’s growth by building a global cashflow marketplace, enabling anyone to bring their earning potential on-chain and access funding from anyone in the world. Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, Goldfinch has issued over $120M of loans to wholesale lenders who have in turn helped Goldfinch reach +2M end-borrowers with zero losses. Goldfinch has scaled to four continents, covering +20 different countries, and we’re just getting started.
As the Head of Marketing, you will set the marketing vision, define the strategy, and then execute against it. That means finding resonant messaging and strong investor-focused narratives that drive growth. It means experimenting with and optimizing across all marketing channels at Goldfinch. You enjoy switching from high level strategy to tactical details. You have a knack for consumer brands, fintech growth, and investor psyche. You will build awareness and help position the brand to drive value for Goldfinch’s products.
This role is full time, preferably located in the Bay Area or New York. But very open to remote.
What you’ll be doing (i.e. job duties):
- Brand Strategy Development: Fully own the development of the Goldfinch brand narrative, including creating and executing a comprehensive marketing strategy across all channels. Plus allocating and optimizing all marketing spend.
- Product Marketing: Own the planning, management, and execution of marketing support for product launches
- Cross Functional Coordination: Work with product, eng, credit, legal, and content to execute campaigns and ensure our marketing story flows through all aspects of the business.
- Customer Acquisition: Own paid media, content, and growth campaigns that drive measurable conversions.
- Experimentation: Dream up and execute on creative, scrappy ideas for customer acquisition that reduce blended CAC
- Agency Management: Source, negotiate with, and manage contractors and marketing agencies to support on campaigns, content generation or other initiatives
- Event Promotion: Occasionally attend conferences and coordinate sponsorships to promote the Goldfinch protocol
- Metrics and Analytics: Establish and track metrics for success
What we look for in you (i.e. job requirements):
- 10+ years experience product or brand marketing at a software or fintech company
- Demonstrated experience growing consumer web or fintech businesses
- Experience owning, leading, and creating marketing campaigns
- Experience optimizing 7-figure budget allocations over various channels.
- Passionate about the Goldfinch mission!
- Cross-functional experience working with internal and external stakeholders to execute projects
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Experience leading a team
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and find solutions to challenging problems
- Experience and talent with copywriting a big plus
- 215 - 230k salary range + Equity + Token
- Experience at fintech investing platforms
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.