Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
We are hiring a Senior Data Engineer to help us design, build and maintain our end-to-end data infrastructure, from defining the data architecture to implementing data models, pipelines, monitoring and quality assurance frameworks. We're looking for seasoned data engineers who are excited to work closely with data science and data analysts to make information more available and easier to use across the organization.
In this role you will be a key contributor in designing and building our data platform that consumes, transforms and delivers data, for analytics and forecasts. You will own the data infrastructure and develop, optimize, and maintain our training pipelines. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Python and AWS.
If this role sounds like a good fit, we welcome you to apply and meet the team.
- Design and implement software and systems for capturing, transforming, storing and delivering data
- Build data ingestion infrastructure and integrations with third parties
- Automate evolving/ongoing validation of data quality
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, analysts, and the entire product team
- Assist data scientists and analysts with SQL and Python
- Own and maintain data pipelines
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering or as a software engineer covering data engineering duties or working closely with data engineering building data warehouses and data pipelines.
- Comprehensive experience with AWS (EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Lambda, Redshift, Kinesis)
- Successfully built and scaled data driven applications including elements like batch data aggregation & processing, data modeling, data cleaning, anomaly detection and bulk ingestion
- Strong software development skills with an emphasis on clean code
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Experience designing and writing robust ETL jobs and pipelines (Airflow, Luigi).
- Experienced working with medical/health data
- Experience working with government data
- Knowledge with ML Frameworks such as Pytorch or Tensorflow
- Experience in a DevOps or adjacent role with emphasis in AWS and IaC
We are a well treated group, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, consider talking to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing health tech start-up
- Peace of mind with comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for parents, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Monthly health & fitness allowance
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Equal Employment Opportunities at Healthy Together
We are a consumer-first company and we want to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse team at Healthy Together. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.