Lead Software Architect
About Healthy Together
Healthy Together's mission is to improve collective health and make government more efficient. The Healthy Together SaaS platform enables the future of health and human services by bringing together the objectives of government programs and the needs of residents into a single platform. Our cloud-based technology increases the reach and efficacy of health and human service initiatives, reduces costs, and eliminates manual processes through automation - all while focusing on expanding health equity. Healthy Together is quickly growing with over 5 million users and has achieved #1 on the App Store in the Health & Fitness category and currently has 220k+ reviews with a 4.9/5 star rating.
Healthy Together is looking for a Lead Software Architect to help develop our highly configurable and scalable software platform. This person should have experience engineering SaaS solutions in a fast paced and rapidly evolving environment. This person should have solid knowledge of AWS products or similar (RDS, ECS, etc) with attention to security, speed and efficiency. A qualified candidate should know how to scale to millions of users and anticipate/thwart potential issues. This is a remote position but the candidate must be located in the United States and be able to pass background checks as required by federal and state contract requirements.
- High level proficiency in Python
- 10+ years experience as an engineer
- Experience as a architect/team/project/tech lead on software team(s)
- Deep knowledge of Django and Django Rest Framework
- Proven track record of building and managing server side applications, micro-services & endpoints in a high-scalability / high-availability production environment.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging production issues. Including but not limited to django/python applications, database layer, caching, networking, etc.
- Solid understanding of the whole web stack and how all the pieces fit together (front-end, server-side, database, network layer, etc.) and impact scalability & performance.
- Ability and flexibility to determine the right architecture choices at different stages of the company/product.
- Deep knowledge of user authentication and authorization in a multi-tenant architecture between multiple systems, servers and environments.
- Experience with GitHub and experience with GitHub Actions is a plus
- Be flexible in your approach to work within the constraints of frameworks, technologies and people when doing so won’t have a materially negative impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related degree.
- Ideal candidate will have experience building on Amazon Web Services (AWS) with experience working in HIPAA and SOC-2 secure & compliant environments. AWS CDK is a plus.
- Collaborate with product managers and Client engineers on ideating options and defining solutions
- Help estimating accurately (identify work items, long poles, dependencies, unknowns)
- Drive delivery
- Drive technical architecture choices
- Lead backend process and PR reviews
- Collaborate with team members to answer questions and offer suggestions for growth.
- Develop and document standards and best practices for backend development.
- Be hands on coding and implementing projects
- Your code should set the bar and be viewed as the right way to do things
- Provide guidance on best practices in Django and Django Rest Framework.
- Develop technical design documents (TDDs) outlining APIs and data models based on product requirements.
- Mentor the backend team on writing TDDs and review those written by other team members.
- Write tickets and coordinate ticket estimation for backend work.
We are a well treated group, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, consider talking to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing health tech start-up
- Peace of mind with comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for parents, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Monthly health & fitness allowance
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Equal Employment Opportunities at Healthy Together
We are a consumer-first company and we want to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse team at Healthy Together. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
To apply for an open position, send your resume in an email to email@example.com with your desired position as the subject line.
Something looks off?