Customer Engagement Lead
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
HumanFirst is unlocking better research for all humans, sooner.
Unlocking access to life-saving medicines isn’t easy. On average, it takes 10 years for a new medicine to complete the journey from discovery to marketplace. About 85% of clinical trials fail to recruit enough patients, and there are systemic barriers that block health equity and access.
Digital technologies such as wearables and other connected sensors can drive a better understanding of patients’ needs, improving access to medicines and trials. HumanFirst is accelerating the adoption of evidence-based measures -- and 22 of the top 25 pharma companies have used our Atlas platform to include measures that matter to patients into their trials.
We closed a Series A round led by Maverick Ventures, with Lux Capital and Threshold Ventures, and other leading investors - bringing total funding to $15M. We’re well-funded, growing quickly, and looking for the best Humans to join our small but mighty team.
At HumanFirst, we believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential values that drive innovation, creativity, and success. We actively foster a culture of inclusivity by promoting equal opportunities, eliminating bias, and constantly striving for fairness in all aspects of our operations. We recognize that we operate at our best when we can bring our whole selves to work, and that begins by creating a work environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and are able to be their authentic selves. If you are passionate about making a difference, value diversity, and want to contribute to a forward-thinking organization that puts Humans First, we invite you to apply and help us shape a brighter, more inclusive future.
What you will get out of the role:
As HumanFirst continues to grow, you will be a strategic, highly cross-functional customer experience team member, implementing your skills in building deep, trusting relationships with senior stakeholders and delivering high quality products and services to customers. You will:
1. Manage the customer lifecycle post-sale to maximize our customers' experience and driving return on investment for the customer via our products and services.
2. Expand product adoption and usage within the organizations we work with by partnering with senior stakeholders to drive long-term decisions for our partnership.
3. Be the voice of the customer through a deep understanding of customer needs and expectations to inform product, go-to-market, and level of service strategies for the business.
As an early hire on the Customer Experience team, you will shape the implementation journey for our customers and act as a strategic thought partner to drive priorities for senior stakeholders. This role will report and work directly with our Head of Customer Experience.
At HumanFirst we are fully remote, so you’re able to be part of our team from anywhere in the US and join our team in person for intentional off sites and key meetings.
What impact you will drive:
- Customer strategy and engagement: Lead relationships with users and senior stakeholders to define strategic goals for the customer. Know their business, goals, and workflows, and empathize with the problems they experience and what motivates them. Drive customer feedback to identify areas of improvement, create comprehensive programs for retention and growth, and inform the direction of our product roadmap to deliver for them.
- Enablement for product & service expansion: Partner with our sales and product team to pursue strategic partnerships with customers to deliver our products & services and expand our reach within the organization. Develop scalable internal processes that align cross-functional teams and enable support for our customers as we double and triple in size.
- Drive return on investment for customers: Learn how HumanFirst can meet the needs of our customers and how our product drives value for them. Define success metrics with stakeholders and communicate return on investment to those leaders to secure long-term partnerships.
You may be a great candidate if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting and B2B startups with familiarity or experience with health-tech or life sciences.
- Executive-level presence with customers. You are comfortable and excited to be customer-facing and are a trusted advisor and thought partner to senior stakeholders to drive return on investment via our solutions.
- Excellence in prioritization, self-direction and delegating work in a fast-paced environment. You’re a generalist and natural owner of your work, and can flex into cross-functional teams and responsibilities to execute.
- Ability to deeply listen, understand, engage, and build relationships with customers to define customer needs and strategic solutions autonomously.
- Detail-oriented project manager that balances the tactical and strategic and can work across the organization cross-functionally to get it done.
HumanFirst’s Compensation, Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity, generous benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Flexible time off and 11+ company holidays per year
- 401(k) plan with company matching up to 4%
- Paid parental leave for birthing parents (12 weeks); non-birthing parents (8 weeks)
- Fertility and family planning benefits through Carrot ($25,000 lifetime benefit)
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up ($1,250 every three years)
- Wellness benefit ($2,000 every two years)
- Annual learning & development stipends ($1,000 per year)
- 20+ leadership coaching sessions per year (2x/ month)
- Company charity matching contributions
HumanFirst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.