What we're up to
Kalshi has launched the first regulated financial exchange that allows people to trade on the anticipated outcome of events. We’re now looking for the right people to help us continue to grow and scale.
We're on a long journey in uncharted territories and are looking for passionate and outlier members excited to embark on this voyage towards building the future of the financial system.
As an infra engineer, you will help build and scale both the core exchange and infra at Kalshi.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide the infrastructure to automate and standardize how software is built, versioned and deployed to target environments
- Provide infrastructure and tooling to automate test development and execution up and down the testing pyramid, including unit, API and integration testing
- Design large scale systems, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
The company is launched and growing, which means your role will evolve and grow with the company. Joining Kalshi means you’ll be exposed to all parts of the business and define our culture and product paths.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Strong aspiration to learn and communication skills.
- Lead with experience planning and driving large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team.
- Strong technical grasp and excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- Able to tackle complex engineering problems that deliver results.
- History of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
- Strong familiarity with AWS, k8s, terraform, RDS, Kafka, load balancing, etc.
- BS Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering
- Proven experience building deployment systems in k8s.
- Proven experience building dev/test environments in k8s.
- Proven experience building dynamic configuration systems.
We are a group of people who work hard and get things done, and we're looking for more people like that! Meritocracy is at our core, and we value people who take ownership and figure (usually hard) things out. We think of Kalshi as a family bound together by our mission: we believe that this is the best (and most fun!) way to work. Kalshians are, by far, Kalshi's largest asset and we're obsessed with growing and investing in our people.