What we're up to
Kalshi has launched the first regulated financial exchange that allows people to trade on the anticipated outcome of events. We’re now looking for the right people to help us continue to grow and scale.
We're on a long journey in uncharted territories and are looking for passionate and outlier members excited to embark on this voyage towards building the future of the financial system.
As a backend engineer, you will help build and scale both the core exchange and other product backends at Kalshi.
Some of the projects you may work on:
- Optimize order matching and trade execution algorithms and data structures.
- Build high performance data feeds and trading API's for clients.
- Work with our clearing partners as well as external market makers, brokers, and hedge funds to coordinate new features and performance improvements.
- Improve and test the robustness and maintainability of our systems.
- Optimize database access patterns and internal computations to improve the performance of the exchange.
- Design new contract types and work closely with the product team to implement new member-facing features.
The company is launched and growing, which means your role will evolve and grow with the company. Joining Kalshi means you’ll be exposed to all parts of the business and define our culture and product paths.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team.
- Strong technical grasp and excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- Able to tackle complex engineering problems that deliver results.
- History of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions.
- Familiar with writing highly concurrent systems.
- Strong aspiration to learn and communication skills.
- Good intuition for REST API design.
- BS Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering
- Some knowledge of web or mobile to drive projects end to end.
- Proven experience building large scale systems
- Experience building financial systems, FIX API, etc.
NYC Pay Transparency Disclosure:
Salary Range: $100,000 to $200,000 annually plus equity and benefits.
This salary range is based on the current available market data, and represents the expected salary range for this role. Kalshi has minimal hierarchy and few titles, but has broad ranges of experience represented within roles. Should you have compensation expectations that exceed these bands, we'd love to hear from you and would welcome you to reach out to further discuss.
We are a group of people who work hard and get things done, and we're looking for more people like that! Meritocracy is at our core, and we value people who take ownership and figure (usually hard) things out. We think of Kalshi as a family bound together by our mission: we believe that this is the best (and most fun!) way to work. Kalshians are, by far, Kalshi's largest asset and we're obsessed with growing and investing in our people.
Who We Are
Kalshi is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our mission and values, we’d love to hear from you.