Quantitative Developer (Affiliated Trading)
What we're up to
Kalshi has launched the first regulated financial exchange that allows people to trade on the anticipated outcome of events. We’re now looking for the right people to help us continue to grow and scale.
We're on a long journey in uncharted territories and are looking for passionate and outlier members excited to embark on this voyage towards building the future of the financial system.
Kalshi Trading is the market-making arm of Kalshi. It aims to provide liquidity to all the markets in the Kalshi Exchange, as well as price them efficiently. As an Engineer, you will be responsible for planning, building and maintaining autonomous systems that execute and support our market making strategies on the Kalshi Exchange. We are looking for someone with 3-7 years of experience building distributed and performance engineering systems as well as a strong understanding of theoretical trading system design. We're scaling, which means your role will evolve and grow with the company; your initial attack threads include:
- Building autonomous systems that will dynamically allocate liquidity on the Kalshi Exchange, based on the outputs from the forecasting models and algorithms
- Working on performance and ensuring the systems are operating reliably and with low latency
- Retrieving, organizing, storing and exposing data from the Kalshi Exchange as well as from a variety of external data sources
- Working with the research team to implement the forecasting models and algorithms they develop in scalable and efficient ways
- Maintaining an organized record of all of the trades executed by the market maker
The rest of what the role looks like is up to you - a big part of our approach is that you get to chart your path as we grow and evolve. You will have a lot of influence in shaping what borth your role and the activity of Kalshi Trading look like as we grow. There's a lot of green field to conquer, we trust that you'll make a lot of it your own :)
We are a group of people who work hard and get things done, and we're looking for more people like that! Meritocracy is at our core, and we value people who take ownership and figure (usually hard) things out - we don't care much about anything other than the product of your work. We think of Kalshi as a family bound together by our mission: we believe that this is the best (and most fun!) way to work. Kalshians are, by far, Kalshi's largest asset and we're obsessed with growing and investing in our people.
Something looks off?