Banking Operations Associate
Lively set out to raise the bar on benefit solutions, because we believe no one should have to sacrifice personal wellness for financial wellness. While traditional benefits focus more on transactions and less on the humans using them, Lively harnesses user-centric design and innovative technology to deliver an effortless experience for employers and account holders alike. Our modern HSA is consistently top-rated, and we have since expanded our offerings to provide a full suite of other benefits and services for companies, consumers, and financial institutions.
Lively is a remote-first company, headquartered in San Francisco with employees across the US. Come join us and help make getting the value out of your benefits as simple as it should be.
About the Role
The Banking Operations Associate will be a key member of the banking operations team, supporting money movement, partner reporting, operational processes, and problem resolution. This role will work closely with the finance team to identify process improvements, and work with the legal team to maintain compliance and procedure documentation. This role is critical to the daily reconciliation process and crucial to creating a smooth channel of communication with users about their transactions and account funding.
The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and has an in-office requirement of 2-3 days a week.
- Cross-train on all physical mail opening, check deposit operations and processing
- Assist with daily exception handling and Jira ticket follow-up
- Work with outside vendors to improve collaborative processes
- Assist with growth projects as new banking partners are onboarded
- Build out department documentation as new processes arise
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and surface data for reporting purposes
- Partner with both internal and external teams to problem solve
- Accurately record data in our systems and ensure consistency in data entry processes
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of financial services/fintech experience
- Expert at Google Suite and its tools
- Basic understanding of banking and investment instruments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to create structure where necessary
- Meticulous attention to detail (if something is off by a penny, you feel compelled to find that penny!)
- Able to prioritize tasks in a high-volume, time-sensitive environment
- Willing to put in extra hours during our busiest season, open enrollment (Nov. - Jan.)
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis with no sponsorship needed now, or in the future.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications, but feel you would be a good fit for the position. However, you must be located in the United States.
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage. An HSA with employer contribution, FSA, paid parental leave, medical travel benefits, a 401k plan, flexible vacation policy and more!
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!
Lively Inc. participates in the E-Verify program. Learn more about E-Verify here: