Lead Solutions Engineer, Japan
Magic simplifies web3 onboarding by providing the most simple solution to access its endless benefits. We help businesses of all sizes build trusted customer relationships like never before.
Magic has seen incredible traction since its founding in 2018, with year-over-year growth exceeding 300%. To date, we’ve created over 25 million wallets in partnership with leading brands like Mattel, Macy’s, 7-Eleven, Beam Suntory, Animoca Brands, Immutable, Xsolla, WalletConnect, and Magic Eden. We’ve also raised over $80M from notable investors such as Paypal Ventures, Tiger Global, Northzone, Placeholder, Cherubic, Lightspeed Ventures, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
We strive to bring a wallet to every internet user – and our team is full of entrepreneurial innovators that are passionate about this mission. Joining Magic means partnering with the best minds in web3 to accomplish our shared goal. In turn, we provide all the support necessary to perform at your highest, from a collaborative culture, opportunity to make a real impact, and the best-in-class benefits.
If you are excited to onboard the next billion users to web3, let’s chat!
Magic is expanding its team to meet the growing global demand for web3. We are hiring our first Solutions Engineer (SE) in Japan. This pivotal role will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to our customers and partners throughout the entire lifecycle of their Magic experience. The SE will provide technical enablement and support to assigned customer accounts, and also perform technical due diligence and solution design during our sales processes. This role will partner with customers to execute the technical aspects of the sales strategy by developing appropriate solutions and building technical relationships. The SE is able to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements and solutions to help qualify and quantify opportunities. The SE resolves technical issues arising during the sales engagement, helps clients define specifications and requirements, develops solutions, and provides technology presentations to both technical and management-level audiences.
Our users and partners are an extremely diverse group - from boots on the ground web3 developers to traditional enterprise customers who are building in web3. This role will lay the strategic foundation for Solution Engineering as Magic scales.
- Help customers understand what is technically possible with our products.
- Understand user and partner requirements and communicate how Magic can solve their onboarding and checkout flow needs.
- Utilize your deep understanding of the Magic SDK to integrate it into different languages and frameworks, such as React.js.
- Contribute to technical content and demos to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices.
- Onboard, launch, and successfully renew customers.
- Fluent in Japanese and English.
- A strong technical generalist who is comfortable with API products.
- Customer-obsessed: confident and comfortable interfacing with and building rapport with our users.
- Intellectually curious, with great problem solving skills.
- Strong in technical languages like React and NextJS.
- Strong at explaining technical concepts and how Magic works – both from a product feature and API architecture perspective.
- Comfortable tinkering with a bunch of languages and services, giving enough insight across the programming landscape to step into unfamiliar code and make sense of what's going on.
- Able to think on your feet and dive into helping our users and partners with their technical issues.
- Empathetic to users of all experience levels and see through their questions to quickly grasp the issues they’re facing.
- Entrepreneurial – as a founding member of our APAC team, you should feel confident wearing multiple hats and moving efficiently.
- Able to travel up to 20%
Nice to haves:
- Fluent in Korean.
- Web3 background or experience.
Please include these in your application:
- Code you’re proud of.
- Technical products or projects you’ve worked on.
- Languages you are fluent in, both human and technical.
- What you find most interesting about Magic.
- Fully remote team and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- Bonus eligible
- Health insurance for full-time employees
- Top of the line equipment
- $300 monthly budget for home office needs and professional development for full-time employees
- Annual team meetups in the U.S.
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. Therefore, we strongly encourage anyone historically underrepresented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age, or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.