S/VP of Marketing
Manticore Games® is the developer of Core, a premier gaming UGC platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. It’s a radically accessible game construction kit and social game-playing platform, all-in-one. Manticore is now leveraging the power of Core to build a new immersive, life-simulation MMO experience.
Manticore Games is looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative and experienced Vice President of Marketing to lead all aspects of marketing and growth for the Core Metaverse and new upcoming products. This is a broad spectrum and hands-on role with significant business impact, which includes managing go-to-market strategy, marketing channels, corporate and product positioning, branding, market research, user research, community management, creator relations, PR, user acquisition and customer service. The VP of Marketing will collaborate with the executive team to make Manticore an outstanding success. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an ambitious marketing executive to own and grow the leading Metaverse platform.
This is a broad spectrum and hands-on role with significant business impact, which includes managing go-to-market strategy, marketing channels’ growth, corporate and product positioning, branding, market research, user research, community management, PR, and user acquisition. The S/VP of Marketing will collaborate with teams across the organization to make Manticore an outstanding success. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an ambitious marketing leader to bring an epic life-simulation MMO experience to market.
Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Design and lead the marketing strategy and direct the execution of all marketing activities to achieve Manticore’s business goals to drive awareness, traffic, adoption and revenues
- Execute marketing campaigns leveraging audience and network aggregation with key target audiences
- Lead and grow a high-performing marketing organization that is exceptional at executing initiatives, communicating and collaborating
- Form brand positioning, value proposition and messaging strategy across channels to drive market awareness, customer acquisition, and loyalty
- Build and deploy grassroots marketing and community management programs to drive players to the Core Metaverse and increase engagement
- Partner with your peers in Product Management and Finance to drive adoption, engagement and revenues with an efficient and effective marketing budget
- Manage PR and Communications with the media and the Manticore community to develop and solidify corporate and product positioning
- Create and direct market, competitive and user research
- Analyze the performance of marketing programs across all channels (including ad spend) to identify the best opportunities for optimization, and regularly iterate to maximize performance
- 12+ years of full-stack marketing and senior leadership experience with B2B and B2C marketing, ideally in gaming, mobile, social media or technology products, and strong consumer brand sensibilities
- Substantial wins in bringing products and services to market and growing them to large scale
- Experience at a successful startup is a big plus
- Experience launching and growing new Free To Play games, MMO’s, platforms or marketplaces to the public on all platforms (PC, mobile, consoles)
- Passion for and deep knowledge of games, MMO’s and the metaverse ecosystems, including crypto and Web 3.0
- Demonstrated success managing paid acquisition budget across multiple channels to drive efficient and sustained user and revenue growth
- Best-in-class brand builder and storyteller; proven success crafting brands from the ground up and a track record of building brand engagement and generating business growth
- History of launching successful campaigns using grassroots, guerrilla, and viral marketing as well as community management
- Experience building reporting dashboards and synthesizing complex data points and KPIs to generate easy to understand executive reports
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, allowing you to deliver complex information clearly to your colleagues and through marketing material
- Demonstrated effective leadership including ability to build and foster successful teams that scale
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a related field
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life/AD&D Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- ADP Employee Discount Program
- Monthly Snack/fruit Boxes
- Daily Lunch (in office only)
- Free Snacks & Beverages (in office only)
$170,000/year to $230,000/year
A reasonable estimate of the current US base salary range for this position is salary (the range listed above) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skill sets, experience and training, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus (if any, based on individual and organizational performance), equity, or benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Something looks off?