Senior Product Designer, Patient Experience
Memora Health works with leading healthcare organizations to simplify complex care journeys for patients and clinicians to make care more accessible, actionable, and always-on. Our team is rapidly growing as we expand our programs to reach more health systems and patients, and we are excited to bring on a Senior Product Designer.
In this role, you will partner cross-functionally to help shape the patient experience of Memora’s core product, applying human-centered design principles to optimize our care programs and clinical pathways for a vast range of patient populations and clinical problems. Ideally, you’re a design generalist with a multidisciplinary background and a significant concentration on service design, user research, and conversational design. You will collaborate with other Design team members and cross-functionally with Product Managers and clinical experts.
Ideal candidates will be driven by the problem we are solving and the innovative approach and technology we are applying to healthcare. We’re looking for someone motivated by significantly impacting healthcare delivery, with exceptional curiosity and enthusiasm for solving hard problems.
- Use human-centered and participatory design methods to shape our current care programs and articulate a future vision.
- Lead design sessions with clinicians and cross-functional teams, including clinical experts and product managers, to define and refine conversational AI requirements.
- Build design process artifacts such as service blueprints, user journey maps across clinical and conversational pathways, and process maps.
- Perform evidence-based analysis of conversation paths and flows to identify opportunities, shape future designs, and continually optimize the patient experience.
- Plan & execute user research studies to build a body of synthesized knowledge on the conversational experience across various patient populations.
- Leverage insights to inform design decisions and create a best-in-class experience for our portfolio of clinical programs
- Extensive experience conducting research across a broad range of methodologies including, but not limited to, in-depth user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, and usability testing.
- Possess a practical knowledge of the foundational cognitive & linguistic principles for designing conversational experiences, e.g., pragmatics, the cooperative principle, cognitive load, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in human-centered design — ideally in healthcare or other similarly complex domains/problem spaces or for SaaS products.
- Proficiency with Figma/Figjam or other related tools.
- You have experience in—and are excited about improving—healthcare / digital health
- Familiarity with emerging trends and innovations in conversational AI, NLU, and NLP.
- You have experience working at a startup.
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
What You Get:
- An opportunity to work on a rapidly scaling care delivery platform, engaging thousands of patients and care team members and growing 2-3x annually
- Enter a highly collaborative environment and work on the fun challenges of scaling a high-growth startup
- Work alongside world-class clinical, operational, and technical teams to build and scale Memora
- Shape how leading health systems and plans think about modernizing the care delivery experience for their patients and care teams
- Improve the way care is delivered for hundreds of thousands of patients
- Gain deep expertise in healthcare transformation and direct customer exposure with the country’s most innovative health systems and plans
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible work hours, paid parental leave, company retreats, Macbook, and a 401(k) plan with employer-matching
About Memora Health:
Memora Health, the leading intelligent care enablement platform, helps clinicians focus on top-of-license practice while proactively engaging patients along complex care journeys. Memora partners with leading health systems, health plans, and digital health companies to transform the care delivery process for care teams and patients. Our platform digitizes and automates high-touch clinical workflows, supercharging care teams by intelligently triaging patient-reported concerns and data to appropriate care team members and providing patients with proactive, two-way communication and support. Memora Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with clients and team members across the country, and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Transformation Capital, General Catalyst, AlleyCorp, Frist Cressey Ventures, Martin Ventures, Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman’s Thirty Five Ventures, Sachin Jain, and several other strategic healthcare groups.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Memora Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.