San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Metronome is building a new real-time source of truth for business data, starting with powering the software industry's transition to usage-based business models.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Cockroach Labs and mParticle.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we've raised multiple rounds of funding from world class investors including Elad Gil, SV Angel, and founders and execs of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Dropbox, Microsoft, and Google who have experienced the pain we're solving first hand.
About the role
We are looking for a smart, organized, and efficient self-starter to join our team supporting our founders (and potentially other leaders in the organization over time) in the role of Executive Assistant. As the founding Executive Assistant at Metronome, you will have the unique opportunity to work closely with our leadership team and make sure they are set up for success each day. From managing our daily schedule to creating efficient systems to keep things organized, the support you will provide is critical to the company’s success. In addition to keeping leadership organized, we view this role as a core cultural connector, so event planning and perspective on creating a great culture are key. This role will directly report to and support the CEO and also support our CTO. There could be the need for occasional correspondence outside of normal hours. This position is Bay Area-based and full-time. Travel a handful of days out of the month to our SF office will be part of the job.
🛠️ Manage the exec calendars extensively, including organizing internal and external meetings across multiple time zones & locations.
🏁 Attend meetings, taking notes, following up on action items, and helping to create decks
🧭 Communicate with internal & external parties, while exhibiting the highest degree of professionalism
- 4+ years of related professional experience, preferably in technology and/or financial organization supporting founders or C levels
- An enthusiastic nature and eager to help wherever you can, and do whatever it takes to ensure progress while being friendly, collaborative and approachable
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and creative skills to solve problems with limited resources
- An ability to seek information beyond what is plainly presented to you, with an aim to understanding Exec’s goals & actively finding ways to be helpful in executing these goals
- Awareness of maintaining confidentiality & the use of discretion
- Self-direction, take initiative & proactive with excellent project management skills
- Laser focused when it comes to attention to detail and accuracy. You exhibit flexibility, prioritization & the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about us or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at Metronome
Something looks off?