Sales & Business Development, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
Metronome is the leading usage-based billing platform built for modern software companies. With Metronome, companies can launch products faster, offer any pricing model, and streamline finance workflows without writing code.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Databricks, and NVIDIA.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we’ve raised over $78m from leading investors including NEA, Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Elad Gil. We’re also proud to have founders and executives of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Confluent, HashiCorp, and Snowflake, as investors who have experienced the pain we're solving firsthand.
About the Role
We're seeking a founding Sales Operations and strategy hire to pioneer the creation of our growth infrastructure. If you thrive on turning ideas into reality and owning the entire process from ideation through execution, this role is tailor-made for you.
You will be at the forefront of building our sales operations framework from ground zero. This role will shape our sales processes and take ownership of the entire journey, from conceptualization to execution. You’ll partner with Go-to-Market, Finance, and Product leadership to build the growth engine from 0-to-1 to invest in processes, systems, and first-principle decisions that can support significant scale over time.
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of strategic thinking, analytical acumen, and hands-on program building experience as you take on projects spanning outbound pipeline generation strategy, KPI development and tracking and sales process design. Long-term, you’ll help build out the Sales Operations team.
- Ideation and Planning
- Work through unstructured problems with leadership, translating problem statements and business requirements into full-fledged projects and programs
- Manage the Sales Operations roadmap, planning process, and operating norms
- Data-Driven Decision Making
- Establish data analytics processes to derive actionable insights for informed decision-making
- Work autonomously and with Salesforce Architects to develop dashboards and reports to track and optimize performance
- Pipeline and Revenue Forecasting
- Pioneer efforts in developing pipeline and revenue forecasts
- Monitor performance against targets and provide recommendations for improvement
- Innovate and iterate based on real-time insights to stay ahead of the curve
- End-to-End Ownership
- Take full ownership of Sales Operations processes and individual project management, from inception to execution
- Evaluate and optimize end-to-end sales processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness over time
- Sales Strategy
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop and implement sales strategies that align with overall pipeline generation and sales efficiency goals
- Conduct market research analysis to identify new opportunities and market trends
- Technology Vision
- Evaluate, select, and implement cutting-edge sales technologies
- Own and drive the adoption and management of these technologies across the sales organization
- Cross-Functional Execution
- Act as the keystone between Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other teams to streamline workflows, to build processes from lead generation to deal closure
- Drive cross-functional collaboration and take ownership of resolving operational challenges
- 6+ years of experience in GTM Strategy, Business Operations, Sales Operations or related roles at a B2B SaaS company
- Excitement around building the Sales Operations function from 0→1, low ego and eager to be hands on in both strategy and execution
- Outstanding communication skills: ability to turn data into insights and tell the story to cross-functional stakeholders
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Bias towards action with the ability to quickly consider what long-term decisions must be made today and what can start as an MVP
- Experience working with Salesforce Administrators or directly with CRM systems
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in investment banking or management consulting
- Hands-on experience owning Salesforce and sales automation tools
- Experience with Looker or other data reporting and visualization tools
- Understanding of a B2B SaaS sales funnel and key operational metrics
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about our philosophy or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.