Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Metronome is the leading usage-based billing platform built for modern software companies. With Metronome, companies can launch products faster, offer any pricing model, and streamline finance workflows without writing code.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Databricks, and NVIDIA.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we’ve raised over $78m from leading investors including NEA, Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Elad Gil. We’re also proud to have founders and executives of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Confluent, HashiCorp, and Snowflake, as investors who have experienced the pain we're solving firsthand.
About the Role
We are looking for someone who is excited about growing technically as a software engineer and owning the invoicing integrations for our clients. This is a great opportunity for people who have completed a coding bootcamp and have 6 months+ of industry experience using Workato or similar iPaaS.
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
- 3+ years work experience in any industry, preferably not software engineering
- Completed a coding bootcamp or similar relevant experience
- Experience with Workato or similar iPaaS
Examples of Tasks You Might Work On
- Contribute to frontend and backend systems that drive our billing engine
- Build, implement and maintain integrations for our clients such as NetSuite, Bill.com and Quickbooks in Workato
- Salesforce CPQ implementations within the Metronome API
- Create or update existing Metronome APIs to better support integrations
- Support clients during testing process and deployment
Impact You'll Have
- The integrations you build will allow our clients to effortlessly invoice their customers
- Ensuring the client experience is safe, reliable and accurate because you have built secure, resilient, and well tested integrations
- The Metronome team is more well-rounded because you bring your unique personality to work and help create an inclusive fun environment focused on helping our customers get the most value out of Metronome.
We don't filter based on current expertise, so at Metronome you will learn
- AWS (S3, RDS, API Gateway, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, MKS, and more!)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Serverless Framework)
- Languages (Python, Typescript, Java - for working with Kafka)
- Frontend Tools and Frameworks (React, Apollo GraphQL, Webpack, React Testing Library)
- CI/CD (AWS CodePipeline & CodeDeploy, CircleCI)
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program (mental health benefits)
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about our philosophy or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.