Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Metronome is building a new real-time source of truth for business data, starting with powering the software industry's transition to usage-based business models.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Cockroach Labs and mParticle.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we've raised multiple rounds of funding from world class investors including Elad Gil, SV Angel, and founders and execs of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Dropbox, Microsoft, and Google who have experienced the pain we're solving first hand.
- As part of the founding group of Sale hires at Metronome, you'll help develop our GTM strategy and close key customer accounts in close partnership with our CEO
- Drive revenue for Metronome, owning the entire sales cycle through close
- Navigate complex multi-party sales and win trust through consultative sales conversations with top Product, Engineering, Finance, and Operations executives
- Leverage sales methodologies to uncover customer needs and pain points
- Articulate Metronome’s value proposition by using the appropriate sales qualification standards
- Own sales activity and monthly revenue forecasting in Salesforce
- Partner with our Growth and Product teams to help drive our product roadmap
- 5+ years of closing experience working with customers, ideally selling to Enterprise and Strategic accounts
- Experience selling to technical B2B Saas products
- Proven success in pipeline development and quota attainment
- Familiarity selling to early-to-late stage tech companies
- Ability to learn and communicate technical concepts to technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal drive and ability to self-manage and organize your time
Nice to Haves
- Experience with sales as a founder or early salesperson at a startup
- Technical degree, work experience as a software engineer, or other technical skills
- Experience with logs, metrics, billing, finance, or other infrastructure or financial tooling and concepts
- Experience selling to technical buyers in Engineering and Product organizations
- Ideally looking for someone based in San Francisco/Bay Area
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program (mental health benefits)
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about us or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.