San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Metronome is building a new real-time source of truth for business data, starting with powering the software industry's transition to usage-based business models.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Cockroach Labs and mParticle.
You'll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we've raised multiple rounds of funding from world class investors including Elad Gil, SV Angel, and founders and execs of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Dropbox, Microsoft, and Google who have experienced the pain we're solving first hand.
About the role
As a member of the SA team at Metronome, you'll help develop our GTM strategy and close key customer accounts in close partnership with our sales team. You'll take advantage of a huge head start: we're the leading company in a new market that's expanding insanely quickly. Metronome has no true alternative in the market today, and we consistently beat legacy competitors in head-to-head evaluations.
You'll be selling a product that's proven itself with initial product-market fit and early sales traction, but you'll also have a unique green field opportunity as an early Solutions Architect at Metronome to build upon that early success.
🛠️ Educate our customers as an advisor to their monetization efforts. You'll become a world-class expert on software monetization and billing data management and consult with top product and engineering leaders on how to achieve major business goals.
🏁 Bring accounts to technical close. You'll navigate complex multi-party sales and design joint integration architectures with our customers' Engineering teams. You'll help buyers understand how Metronome can accelerate their business while fitting into their technical stack with minimal effort.
🧭 Partner with our Growth, Engineering, and Product teams. As the primary conduit between GTM and Engineering, you'll gather and prioritize feedback from prospective customers. You'll be a major input into our product roadmap and collaborate with our Growth team to ensure smooth deployments.
- 5+ years of experience working with technical SaaS products
- Familiarity selling to early-to-late stage tech companies
- Ability to learn and communicate technical concepts to technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with sales as a founder, early hire, or early salesperson at a startup
- Excitement for building and improving GTM playbooks and processes
- Technical degree, work experience as a software engineer, or other technical skills
- Experience with logs, metrics, billing, finance, or other infrastructure or financial tooling and concepts
- Experience selling to technical buyers in Engineering and Product organizations
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program (mental health benefits)
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about us or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.