Senior Human Resources Manager
People & HR
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
At Mosaic, our mission is to make places people love and to make those places widely available. As a tech-enabled general contractor for the residential development industry, we partner with the nation's most innovative developers to transform how communities are created and delivered. Come build with us!
Mosaic is a strong fit for individuals who are passionate about solving the upstream challenges of homebuilding, and who thrive in cross-disciplinary teams of software developers, designers, and construction managers.
We are looking for an ambitious, skilled, and results-oriented Senior Human Resources Manager who is interested in the intersection of construction and technology to manage the day-to-day human resources function of our high-growth start-up. This is a highly visible role that requires strategic vision, leadership, and creativity to scale a human resources function that aligns with the company’s strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will have relevant prior experience working in the human resources department of a start-up company and/or a construction company.
Who You Are:
- Desire to build out a small human resources department as the company grows and lead change regarding people management tools, technology, and operations.
- Motivated by high performance expectations and a company focus on excellence.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, reliable, and able to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Creative thinker who functions independently and can work proactively in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to jump in with both feet, strategize collaboratively, and propose solutions to complex situations.
- Able to work well in a support function closely interacting with all other departments within the company.
- Able to uphold high levels of discretion and confidentiality.
- Observant with a high EQ and a bias towards kindness, empathy, and inclusivity.
- Tech savvy.
What You’ll Do:
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position and to accommodate those with sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Ensure an optimal management of human resources processes with a focus on people and culture.
- Contribute the human resources point of view into business issues and support diagnostic interventions to deliver solutions.
- Implement strategic initiatives and other enterprise-wide initiatives, including compensation, manager development, performance management, employee relations, employee engagement, and culture programs.
- Manage all human resources and people management functions, including personnel concerns, performance management, accurate payroll processing, policies, benefits administration, and daily operations.
- Handle complex and/or sophisticated human resources and disciplinary matters.
- Manage timelines and ensure consistent communication with departmental points of contact and outside vendors regarding project milestones and deliverables.
- Project management responsibilities including departmental budget management, accounting and reconciliation, project plan management, and cross-functional communication.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and all applicable U.S. state and federal laws and regulations. Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Note that the above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of this position and Mosaic may change the duties and responsibilities without notice.
- A bachelor's degree and 7+ years of progressive human resources experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Professional Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to lead change management initiatives.
- The ability to work both tactically and strategically.
- Willingness to learn, grow, and tackle expanded duties as business needs evolve.
Role Specific Particulars:
- Position reports into the Deputy General Counsel.
- Base salary range is $132,000 - $162,000 depending on relevant experience.
- This position is in-person, working at Mosaic's headquarters in the Biltmore Area, Phoenix, Arizona. However, there is flexibility to work remotely occasionally to maintain work-life balance.
- Work hours will be 8 am – 5 pm (Arizona time) with occasional after-hours or weekend time as required by business needs.
- Position Classification: Full-time exempt.
Company Benefits: Mosaic offers a competitive salary, 401(K), medical dental, vision, and life insurance, time off and a generous number of company holidays.
Company Work-Environment Philosophy: Mosaic is a flex-first work environment, meaning some of the roles are worked primarily on a remote basis with some visibility to the corporate offices while others are worked physically in the corporate office or other such assigned in-person physical hub with some flexibility for occasional remote. These schedules are pre-designed and physical workspaces pre-determined based specifically on the position and visibility needs.
The equal employment opportunity policy of this employer provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. This employer hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.