Senior Manager, Research & Development Tax (R&D)
Want to solve one of the most painful parts of running a business? Want to work with customers, build relationships, and deliver a 100x experience to small business and accountants across America? This is the job for you!
Neo.Tax applies AI to one of the world’s most ancient problems: tax. Using our machine learning, we automate taxes for small businesses—we take one of the most difficult parts of running a business and make it disappear!
The R&D Tax Credit team is responsible for managing R&D Tax Credits from start to finish. This includes identifying, calculating, qualifying, and documenting single-year and multi-year credit claims. Candidates must have experience with the Federal R&D Tax Credit allowable under Internal Revenue Code Section (IRC) Section 41.
- Determine the eligibility of the client's project for the R&D credit by analyzing and reviewing eligibility requirements.
- Obtain key inputs and documentation needed to implement the R&D tax credit across federal and state jurisdictions. This includes organizing and analyzing project information such as job costing, timesheet data, ledger information, and expense detail for each client (payroll, supplies, etc).
- Use Neo.Tax software to calculate the IRC Section 41 research credit, determine requirements for controlled group rules and identify prior year look-back opportunities. Prepare client tax credit calculations and data analysis using Neo.Tax software.
- Communicate effectively with clients regarding status updates and any questions they may have in a timely manner with a solution-oriented approach. Engage in both doing and reviewing engagements of R&D specific engagements.
- Coordinate and work alongside the tax and engineering software teams to ensure feedback is provided while utilizing Neo.Tax software. Provide opportunities and suggestions to improve the software over time.
- A cash package in line with a well-funded high-growth company.
- Equity. Meaningful ownership in a company that has enormous potential.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Mental health and wellness support
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home
- Retirement plan (401k)
Something looks off?