Channel Partner Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit’s diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures, and are proud recipients of the following awards:
-Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2022
-BuiltIn NYC's Best Places to Work 2022: Best Small Companies to Work For
-Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Social Good Companies 2022
Our Channels & Alliances function is part of the broader Go-To-Market team. Channels & Alliances own, maintain and grow all partnerships that pertain to indirect sales, including Channel Partners, Technology Partners, and Strategic Alliances.
This role will focus specifically on working with Nova Credit’s key strategic channel and technology partners who co-sell, refer, and/or integrate our products and services to prospective customers as a part of an integrated solution. While you will be mapped to existing partners in this role, partners will evolve over time as you continue to grow our indirect sales function. The role will require a mix of strategic program management as well as account management and deal-closing experience. We’re looking for someone who can successfully navigate complex organizations to build key sales relationships and fuel exponential revenue growth. Naturally, the role will be cross-functional in nature, working closely with Nova Credit’s sales, marketing, product, finance, and legal teams.
This is a fully remote position based in London, UK, or the UAE, reporting to our Head of Channels and Alliances.
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH, YOU'LL
- Understand Nova Credit’s value, business model, and products
- Begin familiarizing yourself with existing partners, the partnership team’s annual and quarterly goals
- Dive into partnership strategy, end to end life cycle, and partners’ impact to products
- Meet with internal experts to discuss their primary area of product focus: product, data & analytics, legal, international, customer success and other cross-functional teams
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER, YOU'LL
- Lead a portfolio of GTM partners, driving alignment with that portfolio to support Nova Credit’s business growth
- Identify operational gaps with our partners, and improve our operation efficiency with them
- Review and analyze partnership fundamentals, and identify areas of opportunity for improvement
- Conduct market research to support partnership scoping and prepare partnership development materials
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR, YOU'LL
- Fully own key partnerships, acting as the primary manager externally and internally
- Routinely stay abreast of relevant market and regulatory changes that might impact our approach to partnerships
- Lead internal stakeholders through partnership development, including legal, product, data & analytics, and engineering
- Develop and implement refined partnership operation strategy that can be scalable with Nova Credit’s business growth
- Drive cross-functional discussion and decision-making on partnership initiatives to ensure the partnership strategy is fully in sync with company and product strategies
- 6+ years of experience in partnerships, business development, management consulting, or investment
- Experience working in B2B Saas, fintech, banking, data industries (B2B2C even better!)
- You understand sales motivation and incentive alignment
- You’re willing to get into the weeds to get specific deals done while also zooming out to ensure partner strategy execution as a whole
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication skills and relationship building experience with sales teams, product, legal, and business partners
- Principled, creative problem-solver; demonstrated ability to both drive strategy and do hands-on work to get things done
- Passion for enabling underserved consumers
- Empathy, persistence, optimism
- BONUS: Business development experience within EMEA
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Nova Credit
Something looks off?