Senior Customer Success Manager
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit's diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system. We've built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures.
Customer Success Managers at Nova Credit are charged with retaining & growing revenue from Nova Credit's existing customers. We are highly consultative in our approach and believe in building deep, trust-based relationships with our customers.
This role will manage a portfolio of US enterprise customers totaling $1M+ in ARR, spanning industries such as credit cards, international student lending, and more. We're looking for someone who can successfully navigate complex partner organizations to unlock expansion opportunities that fuel rapid revenue growth and serve as a day-to-day point of contact for our customers to optimize their current spending. The role will be cross-functional, working closely with Nova Credit's product, engineering, marketing, finance, and legal teams.
Customer Success Managers report to our post-sales team's Senior Director of Customer Success. This is a full-time role with travel to Nova Credit offices (New York and San Francisco) and client sites required ~10% of the time. Work location is flexible within the contiguous US, with a preference for the East Coast.
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH YOU'LL:
- Understand Nova Credit’s value, business model, and products
- Meet your customers and begin defining account plans driving adoption, usage, and revenue
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER YOU'LL:
- Master the Credit Passport and Cash Atlas product technology, including optimizing API integration, user experience, customer acquisition, and credit risk decisioning amongst financial institutions.
- Proactively establish external relationships and lead business reviews, interfacing with C-suite executives to align to joint business objectives and agree to a mutual success plan.
- Resolve critical customer issues spanning from customer outages to custom solutions.
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR YOU'LL:
- Deliver significant revenue growth in line with company projections
- Qualify expansion opportunities for your accounts spanning marketing, credit policy, and technology, including up-sells and/or cross-sells
- Serve as Nova’s “voice of the customer” by surfacing customer feedback and advocating for roadmap priorities that strengthen customer value
- 8+ years experience as an Account Manager, Customer Success Manager, or other customer-facing advisory role, ideally with experience growing revenue for customers in the financial services industry;
- High autonomy in delivering multi-stakeholder initiatives - Ability to fully own your customer portfolio and make critical decisions to deliver ambitious business outcomes. This includes deciding when to include our executive team in customer escalations, defining de-escalation plans, mobilizing cross-functional teams to solve customer requests, and executing a mix of high vs mid-touch engagement commensurate with the growth potential of your customers.
- A mind for technology - we’ll teach you about Nova Credit’s products, but our customers and products are inherently technical, and you should have the curiosity to learn and creatively problem-solve
- Entrepreneurial mindset - Proactively seek opportunities to drive revenue and make the judgment call on when to build an entirely new process. Adaptable to hybrid work settings and resourceful in a fast-paced, lean environment (wearing multiple hats)
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.