Business Development Representative
What You’ll Do
- Outbound sales and daily prospecting
- Hitting and exceeding quota goals provided to you
- Initiating contact with potential customers through cold-calling.
- Creating relationships with customers to identify their potential needs and qualify their interest and viability to drive sales
- Moving solid leads through the top of the funnel, connecting them to a account executive, and arranging an in-person/video conferencing meeting, LinkedIn inMail, social media
- 50+ cold calls daily
- Document and follow daily activities and process/best practice
- Collaborating with account executives to ensure the company’s goals and targets are met
- Working with Salesforce, Outreach, Salesloft and Gong
What You'll Bring
- 1-2 years in an outbound business development role
- Ability to speak another European language is a major plus!
- Proven ability to hit quota goals
- Experience making 50+ cold calls daily
- Willingness to learn a moderately complex technology and how to demonstrate that technology to prospective clients and describe key value points
- A thoughtful researcher who can identify opportunities with ideal customer profiles and prospects by leveraging the internet and other company provided tools
- A thoughtful writer who sends well written, concise communication to prospects
- A keen listener who is highly curious and willing to ask as many questions as it takes to understand the prospects business needs and challenges
- An individual who over-prepares for each client interaction and who also aims to prepare anyone that will interact with a potential prospect they have uncovered so they can execute on highly effective meetings
- A true people person, who loves to be out in the field meeting people and creating relationships. An ambassador for our company and brand.
- Someone who is passionate about understanding your prospect’s business challenges and finding a fit with our product in achieving their business goals
- Someone who embraces the use of sales productivity tools to manage themselves and their output volumes to the highest level of efficiency including salesforce.com administration, cadence creation and follow up, LinkedIn navigation and more
- A community builder who participates in industry events, joins software clubs and associations and gives back whenever possible to the software community
- And last but not least, persistence. Everyone is busy! Don’t mistake their lack of responsiveness for a lack of need for the Nylas platform. Your job is to create that consistent touch and thoughtful relationship development. They will thank you for it later.
- Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Retirement Plan with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Education Stipend: Annual education & development benefit
- Cell Phone: Monthly stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.