Staff Software Engineer
Please Note: While Nylas is a remote first company, we are registered in most, but not all states. If you are located in one of the following states full time, we welcome you to apply: California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Washington
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to design and implement high-performance, scalable, and reliable software solutions that power the Nylas platform. Additionally, you will play a key role in providing technical leadership to the engineering team. You will work closely with other senior engineers to set technical direction and develop best practices for software development, testing, deployment, and monitoring. You will help to ensure that Nylas continues to innovate and deliver a high-quality platform that drives outcomes for customers.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical leadership to the engineering team, including driving technical initiatives and fostering a culture of technical excellence
- Design and implement scalable, high-performance software systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features in alignment with Nylas’ best interests
- Mentor and provide guidance to more junior engineers to help them grow their technical skills and knowledge
What You'll Bring
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience with at least one major cloud provider (GCP is preferred)
- Strong experience with GoLang, Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong skills building and debugging distributed architectures, including microservices, messaging systems, caching solutions, and databases
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Open-minded and customer-focused attitude
- Experience designing and implementing APIs is strongly preferred
- Experience with Python is a plus!
- Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- 401k with 3% employer contribution
- Education Stipend: $1,000 USD annual education & development benefit
- Cell Phone: $50 USD per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
The estimated base pay range for this role is 160000 USD - 215000 USD + equity, perks, and benefits.
The total compensation for this role will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.