Sales Development Representative
Who we are
Redefining Communication. At Nylas, we're not just processing messages—we're extracting wisdom from every interaction. Our platform empowers over 100,000 developers and 900+ companies globally, turning communications into actionable insights. With support from heavy-hitters like Tiger Global and Slack, we're crafting a future where every digital conversation enhances understanding and innovation. Be a part of this communication revolution!
Eligibility to Apply
Nylas operates as a virtually distributed organization, embracing remote work as part of our core identity. While we offer the flexibility of a remote-first culture, our business operations are registered in specific states across the United States. We encourage applicants who are permanent residents in any of the following states to apply: California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. This enables us to comply with local regulations and provide the best support for our employees.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Nylas, you play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy. Positioned at the forefront of our sales process, you are the initial point of contact for businesses exploring the potential of the Nylas platform. Collaborating closely with both the sales and marketing teams, you will be an integral part of our expanding GTM team, driving growth and fostering new opportunities.
- Lead Generation: Proactively generate new business leads through various channels, including trade shows, inbound marketing, and strategic outreach. Your efforts will significantly contribute to the enrichment of our sales pipeline.
- Engagement and Discovery: Engage in insightful conversations with potential clients to understand their unique business challenges and requirements. This role requires a keen ability to identify key decision-makers and determine the appropriate timeline for engagement.
- Relationship Building: Establish and maintain strong relationships with prospects through various communication channels like email, phone, LinkedIn, and chatbots. In this capacity, you will effectively communicate Nylas’ value proposition, address initial product inquiries, and build a rapport that lays the foundation for successful sales interactions.
- Qualification and Tracking: Meticulously qualify leads against defined criteria, ensuring that only high-potential opportunities are passed on to the Sales team. Utilize CRM tools to meticulously track customer interactions and accurately forecast sales outcomes.
- Collaboration with Sales: Work in tandem with the Sales team to create meaningful conversations with relevant stakeholders, ultimately leading to revenue generation. This involves a deep understanding of Nylas’ product offerings and the ability to articulate their value to potential customers.
- Tool Mastery and Usage: Leverage advanced sales and marketing tools such as Salesforce, Salesloft, and Drift to schedule meetings and create opportunities, ensuring a streamlined and efficient sales process.
- Meeting Coordination and Follow-Up: Ensure that scheduled meetings are effectively managed. This includes rescheduling missed meetings and maintaining a consistent follow-up routine to maximize engagement opportunities.
- Integrity and Compliance: Uphold the highest standards of integrity in all business dealings, ensuring that your actions consistently align with Nylas’ core values, competencies, policies, and procedures.
- Educational Background: A Bachelor’s Degree (4-year) is preferred. However, we also value a combination of relevant work experience and education as a testament to your capabilities.
- Professional Experience: 1-2 years of experience in a sales, business development, or entrepreneurial role. This experience should reflect not just participation but a measurable impact in these fields.
- Track Record of Success: A demonstrable history of achieving tangible results and meeting or surpassing objectives, indicating your potential to thrive in a dynamic sales environment.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional communication abilities, encompassing both interpersonal skills and organizational aptitude. You should be proficient in conveying ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively, adapting your communication style to diverse audiences.
- Autonomous and Collaborative Work Ethic: A self-starter attitude is crucial, paired with the capacity to work independently. Simultaneously, you should be adept at collaborating effectively within team settings, contributing to and benefiting from collective goals.
- CRM Proficiency: Experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce, Salesloft) is highly advantageous. This skill will facilitate efficient management of client relationships and sales processes.
- Persuasive Communication: The ability to articulate thoughts and ideas compellingly is key. You should be able to engage stakeholders effectively, persuading and influencing decision-making processes in a professional context.
- Initial Telephone Screening (30 minutes): Your journey begins with a 30-minute telephone interview with our Recruiter. This initial conversation focuses on understanding your background, experiences, and motivations. It's also an opportunity for you to learn more about Nylas and the role in question.
- In-depth Interview with the Hiring Manager (60 minutes): Following a successful screening, you'll engage in a 60-minute comprehensive interview via Google Meet with the Hiring Manager. This session delves deeper into your professional skills, your fit for the role, and aligns your career aspirations with the opportunities at Nylas.
- Take-Home Business Case Assignment: Post the interview with the Hiring Manager, you'll be given a Take-Home Business Case to work on. This exercise is designed to assess your practical skills and approach to real-world business scenarios relevant to the role at Nylas.
- Technical and Sales Skills Interview: The final stage involves a detailed interview focusing on both your technical acumen and sales abilities. You will be given the opportunity to show your skillset on a live mock call. This step is crucial in evaluating your proficiency in areas directly pertinent to the Sales Development Representative role.
Throughout this process, we aim to provide you with a clear understanding of the role and our expectations, while also getting to know your strengths and how you could contribute to the Nylas team. We value transparency and communication, and we encourage candidates to ask questions and engage actively at each stage of the interview process.
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits: We offer a robust healthcare plan, covering 90% of premiums for medical, dental, and vision for both you and your dependents. Our goal is to ensure you and your family have access to the best healthcare options.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): At Nylas, we deeply value the health and happiness of our team members. We offer Unlimited PTO, encouraging employees to take the time they need for rest, relaxation, and personal pursuits. This policy reflects our commitment to maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Retirement Savings Plan: To support your long-term financial security, we provide a 401k plan with a generous 3% employer contribution, regardless of the employee's own contribution level.
- Education and Professional Development: A commitment to your growth is a commitment to our success. We offer an annual education stipend of $1,000 USD to support your ongoing learning and professional development.
- Cell Phone Stipend: Recognizing the importance of staying connected, Nylas provides a $50 USD monthly stipend towards your cell phone expenses.
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: Embracing the significance of family, we offer 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for both maternity and paternity, ensuring you have ample time to bond with your new child (birthing, adoption or fostering) without financial worries.
- Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
Employment Eligibility at Nylas. Nylas operates with a diverse and distributed workforce, but our registration as an employer is limited to specific states. Therefore, to be eligible for employment, candidates must reside in or be able to work from a state where Nylas is officially registered as an employer. We understand the complexities of location-based employment and strive to accommodate a wide geographic range, but limitations do apply in certain instances.
Regarding Visa Sponsorship. Please be aware that our ability to offer visa sponsorship may be restricted in certain remote locations. While we endeavor to support a globally diverse team, these limitations are an important consideration for candidates requiring visa sponsorship."
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.