Intermediate Support Engineer
**THIS IS A 1 YEAR CONTRACT
Who We Are
Redefining Communication. At Nylas, we're not just processing messages—we're extracting wisdom from every interaction. Our platform empowers over 100,000 developers and 900+ companies globally, turning communications into actionable insights. With support from heavy-hitters like Tiger Global and Slack, we're crafting a future where every digital conversation enhances understanding and innovation. Be a part of this communication revolution!
About the role:
Nylas is looking for an intelligent, diligent, and results-driven individual to join our technical support team. Hundreds of businesses rely on the Nylas Cloud APIs to power their products, and your role will be critical in ensuring their sustained growth and success. You'll work with startup leaders and top technical talent within our industry to help them build robust applications using Nylas APIs.
You will work alongside Nylas engineers to help triage and resolve issues that impact reliability and speed of our product. You’ll also help recognize and prioritize trends in customer issues and implement processes and automations that fix them. Your deep technical understanding of our infrastructure will allow you to onboard new customers onto our platform and help existing ones quickly resolve issues. You should have strong technical aptitude, experience providing empathetic customer-facing support, and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Help customers solve technical problems and answer questions about product capabilities
- Lead customer conversations as a technical expert, where your knowledge and expertise of the Nylas APIs will allow you to guide implementation and onboard customers
- Manage customer support tickets and provide regular updates to open tickets
- Develop customer-facing documentation and integration guides
- Collaborate closely with various teams including engineering (provide feedback, file and fix bugs), go-to-market (respond quickly to high priority issues, talk to prospects), and product (provide roadmap feedback)
- Develop technical messaging and platform architecture documentation describing the Nylas APIs
- You are a coding bootcamp graduate or you are a self-learned/hobbyist programmer
- You've provided customer/technical support before (preferably for a technical or SaaS product)
- You are eager and self-motivated to learn new technologies
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment with lots of autonomy
- You are detail-oriented and have great verbal and written communication skills
- You have deep empathy towards technical and non-technical users and thrive on making customers feel empowered
- You love solving puzzles and learning new tools and approaches to do so
Employment Eligibility at Nylas. Nylas operates with a diverse and distributed workforce, but our registration as an employer is limited to specific states. Therefore, to be eligible for employment, candidates must reside in or be able to work from a state where Nylas is officially registered as an employer. We understand the complexities of location-based employment and strive to accommodate a wide geographic range, but limitations do apply in certain instances.
Regarding Visa Sponsorship. Please be aware that our ability to offer visa sponsorship may be restricted in certain remote locations. While we endeavor to support a globally diverse team, these limitations are an important consideration for candidates requiring visa sponsorship."
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.