Local (100% Onsite)
Who we are
Our mission at Point is to make homeownership more valuable and accessible to all. Every day, we explore, build, and iterate to create innovative financial products that improve the lives of our customers. Together, we’re creating the premier full-stack home equity platform to help current homeowners access their home wealth and aspiring ones realize their dream of homeownership. We recently raised a $120M Series C led by WestCap, and have raised over $170M overall from Andreessen Horowitz and other leading investors.
We are a people-first, value-driven team. We come from varied backgrounds, experiences, and time zones. Our teams are aligned in service to our goal — to improve the lives of customers. Our culture is built on sharing ideas, supporting each other, and being empowered to do our best work. Find out what you can accomplish as part of an engaged, high-achieving team focused on a common goal.
About the role
Point seeks a talented, experienced Funder to serve as a foundational member of the Point Manila team. As a Funder at Point, you will be responsible/accountable for all stages of pre-funding, funding, and post-funding processes of all the eligible Home Equity Investments. Your primary responsibility is to ensure that all necessary documents and funds are in order for a file to be successfully funded and finalized. You will collaborate with title companies and other 3rd parties to effectively address and resolve funding-related issues.
- Receive and review/QC the scanned/digital copies of the signed closing documents prior to funding.
- Confirm all documentation is properly executed, legible, and complete.
- Verify all closing conditions have been satisfied, by working with title vendors and/or Point employees in other departments.
- Balance and verify funding amounts.
- Submit the wire request using the company's procedure.
- Be the first point of contact for funding-related inquiries and questions as they arise.
- Track and resolve any funding delays and communicate internally and externally with the title company to resolve any issues.
- Complete post-closing tasks after a file has successfully funded
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- Outstanding written and oral communication abilities. Proficient in English.
- 1-2 years of mortgage funding experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of real estate documents and escrow functions preferred, but not required
- 1 year of a leadership role preferred, but not required (peer/team lead, manager, trainer)
- Natural inclination to documentation and seeking efficiencies by leveraging technology
- Advanced mathematical reasoning
- Ability to prioritize and handle large volumes of work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups throughout all levels within the organization and participate in the problem-solving process.
- Highly detail-oriented and quality focused.
- A desire to deliver an uncommon level of quality customer service
- Proficiency in Google Suite or Microsoft Office
- Excited about joining an later-stage tech company, interested in real estate, interested in fintech
Generous health benefits
We provide medical HMO, dental, and vision coverage (through medical allowances).
Generous paid time off
Recharge with plentiful paid time off days and 10 national holidays.
Extra work/life benefits
De minimis; meal allowances, cash unused vacation, parental leave, bereavement, retirement
Point is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class. Each individual at Point brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides better services to customers, and helps us all grow and learn. At the launch of each position we benchmark compensation to the appropriate role and level utilizing competitive compensation data from various data sources as references. At the offer stage we use the signal we received from our interviews coupled with your experience, location, and other job-related factors to determine final compensation.