Local (100% Onsite)
Who we are
Our mission at Point is to make homeownership more valuable and accessible to all. Every day, we explore, build, and iterate to create innovative financial products that improve the lives of our customers. Together, we’re creating the premier full-stack home equity platform to help current homeowners access their home wealth and aspiring ones realize their dream of homeownership. We recently raised a $120M Series C led by WestCap, and have raised over $170M overall from Andreessen Horowitz and other leading investors.
We are a people-first, value-driven team. We come from varied backgrounds, experiences, and time zones. Our teams are aligned in service to our goal — to improve the lives of customers. Our culture is built on sharing ideas, supporting each other, and being empowered to do our best work. Find out what you can accomplish as part of an engaged, high-achieving team focused on a common goal.
About the role
Point seeks a talented, experienced Underwriter to serve as a foundational member of the Point Manila team. As an Underwriter, you will be responsible for analyzing and verifying property and financial data to create an approval recommendation, and present and defend credit exceptions to the credit and operations team. You will review appraisal reports and tax transcripts and follow up on any discrepancies. You will create and send offers to homeowners.
You will work closely with the Account Managers and Closers to ensure a high level of customer service. You will work closely with the senior members of the company and will be exposed to all aspects of Point’s business.
- Review applications and documentation and request needed documents from homeowners
- Review the property’s title to ensure the correct lien position and collaborate with the processor to ensure a clean title
- Reviewing dockets to ensure underwriting, investor, and company guidelines are met and followed
- Track the status of all dockets in the underwriter’s pipeline and provide updates to the appropriate teams when needed
- Make the final underwriting decision to approve or reject a docket
- Foster an inclusive environment where questions and concerns from peers are accepted/welcomed
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Economics, or similar
- 1-3 years of experience in loan underwriting, consumer lending, customer service, operations, fraud analysis, personal banking, or another analytical role
- Understanding of general mortgage underwriting principles and Fannie Mae lending guidelines
- Knowledge of common credit underwriting standards, and income and asset evaluation
- Experience with mortgage modifications and the ability to analyze a title report is a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Office or Google Sheets. You use formulas to reduce errors and increase efficiency whenever possible
- Ability to perform due diligence when making complex decisions
- Ability to work remotely and navigate working on a laptop without assistance
- A desire to deliver an uncommon level of quality customer service
- Excited about joining an later-stage tech company, interested in real estate, interested in fintech
Generous health benefits
We provide medical HMO, dental, and vision coverage (through medical allowances).
Generous paid time off
Recharge with plentiful paid time off days and 18 national paid holidays.
Extra work/life benefits
De minimis, cash unused vacation, parental leave, bereavement, etc
Compensation at Point will be determined by skills and experience. Point has identified the expected monthly basic salary range for this role at this level:
- 33,000 - 56,000 PHP
This does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, including benefits, allowances, and perks outlined above. At the launch of each position, we benchmark compensation to the appropriate role and level utilizing competitive compensation data from various data sources as references. At the offer stage, we use the signal we received from our interviews coupled with your experience, location, and other job-related factors to determine final compensation
Point is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class. Each individual at Point brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides better services to customers, and helps us all grow and learn. At the launch of each position we benchmark compensation to the appropriate role and level utilizing competitive compensation data from various data sources as references. At the offer stage we use the signal we received from our interviews coupled with your experience, location, and other job-related factors to determine final compensation.