Registered Dietitian (TN or TX License)
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your North Star: provide compassionate, culturally-relevant, and evidence-based nutrition care.
We are hiring a skilled nutrition provider who is eager to improve access to high quality care for perinatal patients and infants with a particular focus on reducing disparities.
In this remote role, you will work closely with members of the interdisciplinary clinical team to engage perinatal patients and provide quality care at the right time. Nutrition care may be provided via text, phone, or video calls. You will report to the Director of Perinatal Nutrition Programs and collaborate to develop patient-facing content, improve care workflows, update best practice protocols, and facilitate connections and collaborations with in-person care providers. You will also work cross-functionally with the clinical operations, product, tech, and business teams to innovate and build our tech-enabled program.
In this remote role, you will:
- Provide one-on-one virtual nutrition care via text, app messaging, phone and video calls.
- Teach group classes and facilitate support groups.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to build Pomelo with members of the clinical team as well as those on the Pomelo Care clinical operations, product, tech, and business teams.
- Assist with the development and testing of patient engagement strategies
- Develop creative patient-facing content, guideline-based clinical protocols and efficient workflows.
- National certification as a registered dietitian (RD) or registered dietitian/nutritionist (RDN) with license to practice in at least one state (multiple states a plus)
- Experience working with clients eligible for Medicaid and/or those accessing SNAP or WIC programs
- Experience employing motivational interviewing in behavior change counseling with perinatal patients that have diabetes, hypertension, nutrient deficiencies, food allergies, eating disorders, and food insecurity
- Enthusiasm for promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of Pomelo’s internal and external programs
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple projects in a timely manner
- Facile with email, spreadsheets, EHRs, and other commonly used software, and willingness to work with new software
- A growth mindset with the ability to think critically and work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to travel occasionally and take flexible weekend call hours.
Bonus if you are
- Licensed in GA and/or TX, and enrolled in GA and/or TX Medicaid
- Spanish speaking
- IBCLC certification through the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Generous and flexible vacation policy
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $65,000-$75,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.