Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
What you'll do
Your North Star: Build technology for us to improve the health of moms and babies.
As an early member of our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to shape the product, codebase, and culture at Pomelo for years to come. On any given day, you may:
- Write clean, elegant code to build new features and keep our platform humming
- Design new systems to enable Pomelo's clinical team to deliver personalized care to an expanding patient population
- Build a caring mobile experience so pregnant women and new parents feel they have a support team in their pocket
- Photoshop custom slack emojis to express new feelings that aren't yet part of our library
Who you are
You're an enthusiastic and collaborative problem-solver who would rather talk to your customer than be handed a spec. You have a nose for value and proactively identify problems that have a big impact on the business. You have a passion for using technology to effect real, tangible good in the world. In particular, you:
- Have a bachelors, masters or PhD in computer science or a related field
- Have experience with languages like Java, C++, Kotlin, C#, Go, Python
- Have a strong understanding of relational databases
- Enjoy tackling complex problems -- but strive to avoid unnecessary complexity
We'll be super excited if you:
- Have delivered and maintained software systems all the way to production
- Have experience at an early stage startup
- Have developed apps using modern front-end frameworks like React, Vue.js, Svelte
- Have developed distributed data processing systems against heterogeneous data sets
- Contribute to open source projects
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. Given that this role is open to candidates of different skill levels, determining a salary range is challenging. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $115,000 to $165,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.