Perinatal Mental Health Specialist (GA license) - Contract
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Key responsibilities of the role
Your North Star: Provide virtual, direct patient care by delivering evidence-based care that is founded in awareness, education, and prevention for the perinatal mental health issues affecting our patients.
We are hiring a creative, thoughtful, and skilled person who is eager to improve access to the highest quality perinatal mental and behavioral care, with a particular focus on reducing disparities. As a member of the clinical team, you would support our whole-person program of emotional, mental and behavioral care for pregnant people before, during, and after pregnancy.
Reporting to the Head of Nursing Programs, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing one-on-one virtual care visits for Pomelo patients
- Providing behavioral health and health related social needs screenings and appropriate response including diagnostic, therapy, and behavioral health interventions to pregnant and postpartum patients.
- Performing ongoing psychosocial assessment of patients, providing reassurance and building rapport
- Establishing individualized care plans to meet specific health needs based on evidence-based standards
- Developing wellness goals by determining motivating factors and leveraging them for best possible health outcomes.
- Identifying and addressing barriers that have been identified by patients.
- Reducing care gaps (missed appointments, medication management, etc.) by frequent engagements with patient
- Triaging of patients with urgent screening results and concerns to appropriate virtual and in-person emergency services
- Collaborating with all involved teams and support services to ensure that patient and family needs are met.
- Documenting all care/interactions in a timely fashion and escalating to appropriate multidisciplinary teams, as needed
- Supporting group care, as needed
Who you are
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed in Georgia (not necessary to reside there)
- Enrolled with Georgia Medicaid
- Have 4+ years in a hospital and/or healthcare practice
- Have experience with perinatal mental health care, possibly including: perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, substance abuse disorders, trauma-informed care
- Are enthusiastic for promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of Pomelo’s internal and external programs
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple projects in a timely manner
- Are facile with email, spreadsheets, EHRs, and other commonly used software, and willingness to work with new software
- Understand the prevalence and role that birth inequity and structural racism plays in maternal morbidity and mortality
- Are professionally engaged
Bonus points if you have any of the following
- Certification in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C)
- Have multiple state licenses
- Experience working with trauma patients
- Experience providing virtual care
- Experience participating in group care