Overnight/Weekend Perinatal Triage RN
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your North Star: Provide and facilitate amazing patient-centered clinical care to our patients.
Reporting to the Nursing Director, your key responsibilities will include:
- Ongoing clinical and psychosocial assessment of new patients, providing reassurance and building rapport
- Identifying and addressing barriers to care that have been identified by patients and/or the care team.
- Reducing care gaps (missed appointments, medication management, etc.) by frequent and personalized engagements with patient
- Assessing the need for and educating patients on the equipment they will use to monitor their health remotely
- Timely response to abnormal diagnostic results (labs, radiology, etc.)
- Assessment of urgent concerns and proactively triaging patients to support appropriate utilization of emergency services
- Timely documentation of all care/interactions and escalating to appropriate multidisciplinary teams, as needed
- Supporting the development of programs and product by providing user feedback
Who you are
- REQUIRED: Registered Nurse, current unrestricted multi-state (compact) license (residence in a nursing compact state required)
- Have 4+ years experience in a hospital and/or healthcare practice, serving maternal-child health populations (minimum 3 years in labor and delivery)
- Flexible and agile thinker who embraces change
- Are internet-connected, able to work remotely via video, phone and text
- Willing to travel occasionally (infrequent)
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Understand the prevalence of birth inequity and role that structural racism plays in maternal morbidity and mortality
- Experience providing care in Spanish
- Professionally engaged
Bonus points if you have any of the following
- Experience working with perinatal patients who have had complicated pregnancy-related conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, perinatal loss, etc.
- Experience providing virtual care
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Generous and flexible vacation policy
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $65,000-$75,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.