IT Support Engineer
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
What you'll do
As an early member of our technology team, you will have the opportunity to help build the culture at Pomelo for years to come. On any given day, you may:
- Onboard new employees by setting them up with all the necessary equipment and user accounts
- Respond to technical support requests by assisting with troubleshooting, identifying root cause and resolving
- Manage our fleet of computers, rolling out new security patches and policies as necessary
- Implement security policies across Google Workspace, Google Cloud and third-party vendors to keep our patients' data safe
- Photoshop custom slack emojis to express new feelings that aren't yet part of our library
Who you are
You're an enthusiastic problem-solver who can independently help non-technical folks resolve their computer problems and get back up-and-running. You have a passion for using technology to effect real, tangible good in the world. In particular, you:
- Have a degree in a technical discipline
- Have proven work experience in IT support or IT technician roles
- Are proficient in macOS and basic networking concepts
- Are a clear communicator who can convey technical solutions to non-technical colleagues
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup that always puts the patient first. You will learn, grow and be challenged -- and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. Given that this role is open to candidates of different skill levels, determining a salary range is challenging. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $65,000 to $85,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.