Market Operations Lead
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your north star: Optimize clinical pod operations to exceed financial goals and improve patient outcomes
- Lead the operations of multiple care delivery pods, consisting of multi-specialty clinicians, outreach specialists, and support team members
- Be accountable for pod performance, including hitting growth targets, profitability goals, and clinical outcomes metrics
- Collaborate with marketing, population health, and clinical teams to establish regular patient engagement and outcomes goals for your care delivery pods
- Monitor the progress of care delivery pods against established goals, identifying areas where pods are exceeding or not meeting goals
- Analyze data and metrics to gain insights into pod performance
- Develop and implement plans to test new ideas and processes within the pods, aiming to enhance performance and exceed goals
- Identify opportunities to streamline and optimize processes within the pods, and provide feedback to cross-functional partners
- Co-lead daily huddles for the clinical team alongside pod provider leads, fostering effective communication and collaboration
Who you are
- 5+ years operations or consulting experience, ideally having worked within healthcare delivery or a high-growth startup
- Extremely data-driven and an analytical thinker - you love digging through data to solve complex problems
- Results-oriented operator
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly organized
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work cross-functionally with clinicians and technical teams
- Passionate about maternal and child health
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $110,000-130,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.