Clinical Nurse Educator
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your North Star: Oversee the clinical proficiency, education, and collaboration practices of Pomelo Nurse Care Partners as they provide amazing patient-centered clinical care to our patients.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop content, lead didactics, and conduct preceptor training for nurse onboarding to help nurses understand Pomelo’s policies, procedures, workflows, and standards of patient care.
- Assess the clinical skills and competencies of Pomelo nurses and identify areas for improvement. Design training sessions and simulations to enhance nurses' clinical abilities, ensuring that they are skilled and confident in their roles.
- Continually integrate evidence-based practices into patient care practices at Pomelo by collaborating with clinical team members to develop Clinical Resource Guides (CRGs), clinical protocols, and policies.
- Assess the learning needs and progress of individual nurses and the nursing team as a whole. Provide 1:1 support to nurses who are in need of education related to an identified clinical need.
- Collaborate with members of the team to ensure that nursing education aligns with the overall goals of patient care, practice goals and quality improvement at Pomelo.
- Perform chart reviews for quality assurance process audits and quality improvement identification.
- Ensure that nurses are proficient in using Pomelo technologies, including EHRs and other digital tools that contribute to safe and efficient patient care.
Who you are
- Registered Nurse, BSN prepared, current unrestricted license preferred
- Have 8+ years in a hospital and/or healthcare practice, serving maternal-child health population in an educator role
- Are internet-connected, ability to work remotely
- Willing to travel occasionally (infrequent)
- A nurse who understands the prevalence and role that birth inequity and structural racism plays in maternal morbidity and mortality.
- Professionally engaged
- Certification and/or training as an educator preferred
- Masters degree preferred
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Generous and flexible vacation policy
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $100,000-$110,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.