Director of Therapy
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your north star: Drive the development and delivery of our therapy program, ensuring high-quality care for our perinatal population.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, and mentor a team of high-performing therapists delivering high-quality care to our patients
- Develop therapy protocols and treatment plans based on evidence-based practices and the specific needs of our patients
- Establish and maintain rigorous quality assurance standards for the therapy services we are providing
- Determine escalation and referral pathways and protocols
- Collaborate with other specialists on the clinical team to provide team-based care to our patients
- Provide therapy to patients using evidence-based treatment modalities
Who you are
- 10+ years experience within mental health, ideally having worked in a startup setting
- Unrestricted license to practice therapy in at least one state and ideally, multiple states (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LMFT)
- 5+ years experience providing therapy to perinatal populations
- Experience with therapy program development
- Training and experience in evidence-based modalities of care such as CBT, DBT, and EMDR
- A growth mindset with the ability to approach process change and ambiguous situations with enthusiasm, creativity, and accountability
- Facility using multiple tech platforms, with an eagerness for advising about platform improvements and adapting to new systems
- Eager to thrive in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment
- Phenomenal interpersonal and communication skills
- PMH-C certified
- Eligible for PsyPact
- Can deliver care in Spanish
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $120-$140K. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.