Nursing Lead (Manager)
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your north star: Lead a team of nurses to deliver high-quality, evidence-based care focused on improving perinatal health outcomes.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of high-performing nurses delivering high-quality care to our patients
- Monitor quality of care across a team of nurses, and identify training opportunities at both the individual and team level. Work with the nurse educator and care operations to roll out additional trainings across the nursing team.
- Support the team in addressing barriers to care that have been identified by patients and/or the care team.
- Hold the team accountable in increasing a patient’s uptake of our population health protocols to improve outcomes.
- Provide insights about frontline care and opportunities for process improvements to leadership and multi-disciplinary stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for professional growth for each individual on the team and support them in working toward those goals.
Who you are
- Registered Nurse, BSN prepared, current unrestricted multi-state (compact) license
- Have 7+ years experience in a hospital and/or healthcare practice, serving maternal-child health populations, to include labor and delivery.
- Are internet-connected, ability to work remotely
- Willing to travel occasionally (infrequent)
- A nurse who understands the prevalence and role that birth inequity and structural racism plays in maternal morbidity and mortality.
- Facility using multiple tech platforms, with an eagerness for advising about platform improvements and adapting to new systems
- Eager to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment
- Phenomenal interpersonal and communication skills
- Professionally engaged
- Able to cultivate a team of highly accountable nurses that avoids emotional waste and promotes shared governance
- Experience working with Medicaid populations preferred
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $100-$120K. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.