Outreach & Engagement Operations Manager
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your North Star: Driving outreach efficiency by developing and implementing processes and operating best practices.
As the Outreach & Engagement Operations Manager, you will spearhead and oversee operational processes that optimize patient enrollment and drive activation KPIs on the Outreach team. You will use a combination of qualitative and quantitative data to identify opportunities to improve existing workflows and implement new best practices. This is a critical position that requires project management and operations experience, excellent communication skills, and a deep understanding of healthcare regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative outreach performance metrics to identify trends, process gaps, and opportunities to enhance Outreach efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proactively develop and implement plans to test new ideas and processes within Outreach, aiming to enhance performance and exceed goals.
- Own process discovery, development, testing, and implementation with the Outreach and cross-functional teams to achieve and exceed productivity, quality, enrollment, and activation targets.
- Create and maintain Outreach process documentation and playbooks.
- Train Outreach and cross-functional teams on new processes to ensure adherence to best practices.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations and guidelines in all outbound processes.
- Stand up workflows related to referral processes and product implementations.
Who you are
- 4+ years operations or consulting experience, ideally having worked at a high-growth startup, with a proven track record defining and scaling processes.
- Proven ability to use data and analytics to solve complex problems and measure success of solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with experience working on projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented, with exceptional communication, organizational, and documentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with healthcare software systems and customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Strong knowledge of Medicaid policies, procedures, and value-based care.
Bonus points if you have any of the following
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Are fluent in speaking and writing Spanish.
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the clinical team and overall business. It’s a chance to make a real difference in families’ lives. The work you do will be essential for Pomelo to achieve the scale, personalization, and user experience required to dramatically improve the lives of mothers and babies.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision-making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes benefits and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and geography. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $110,000 to $120,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range.