Senior Product Manager
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your North Star: help scale our product to the next level to fulfill our mission of providing consistent, high-quality perinatal care and improve maternal and infant outcomes across the US
We’re looking for an experienced, passionate product manager to join our small but growing tech team at Pomelo Care. As the second dedicated product hire at a rapidly growing startup, you’ll need to bring the scrappiness and flexibility required at early-stage startups along with the thoughtful structure needed to take our product and company to the next level as we scale to reach significantly more patients.
- Define and communicate the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for a meaningful part of our care platform
- Deeply understand the needs of our internal and external users, and channel this understanding into thoughtful product choices
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders, including marketing, clinicians, and operations, to identify where product solutions can help their teams scale to better serve our patients
- Work closely with a tech lead, engineering, data science, and design to improve our care platform through new features and functionality
- Serve as a thought partner to product and engineering leadership to help us scale the tech org to better serve our patients, customers, and internal partners
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in product management, with a proven track record of successfully launching and scaling digital products
- Experience working in healthcare or health tech
- Technically fluent: you’re able to understand and describe the technical underpinnings of the products you own at a high level
- Strong product and design sense: you understand best practices in product design, and can translate deep user empathy into intuitive and engaging product experiences that align with our product and business goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: you can synthesize complex data on your own to inform product strategy and choices. SQL experience is preferred, but at a minimum you’re very good with pivot tables.
- Excellent executor: you know how to Get Things Done under tight constraints, including making tough tradeoffs and/or getting scrappy when needed, without sacrificing core product or organizational values.
- Exceptional communicator: you can articulate ideas and concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences with ease, and know when and how to best communicate to different stakeholders to make progress and keep people informed
- Exceptional collaborator: you know how to work with a broad set of cross-functional partners, from marketing to clinicians to operations, and can manage stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- You have a deep passion for improving perinatal care in the US, and empathy for the unique needs and challenges faced by expecting and new parents, especially lower-income families
Bonus if you have any of the following
- Experience at a startup, especially during a period of rapid growth
- Basic familiarity with programming languages (i.e. you can read and follow the gist of what a chunk of code is about)
- Experience navigating and searching Github
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. Given that this role is open to candidates of different skill levels, determining a salary range is challenging. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $150,000 to $190,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.