Customer Success Senior Associate / Manager
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your North Star: drive key strategic initiatives for Pomelo’s health plan and employer customers, maximizing our opportunities to serve patients.
In this role you will:
- Serve as a trusted advisor for Pomelo’s customers, supporting a Customer Success Director to develop strong relationships and a deep understanding of customer and member needs to deliver an ongoing best-in-class customer experience
- Use data to tell meaningful and actionable stories to customers, through regular monthly reporting and business reviews with customers to identify areas for improvement, demonstrate Pomelo’s impact for patients and plans/employers, and drive customer retention
- Investigate and identify patient trends across Pomelo’s customers, markets, and lines of business
- Project manage seamless and on-time implementations across Pomelo’s customers, monitoring and resolving go-live risks, facilitating collaboration across customer and Pomelo stakeholders, and continuing to evolve implementation best practices
- Advocate for strategic customer needs and feedback internally, and work cross-functionally with other teams to achieve outcomes and results for customers and Pomelo
- Collaborate closely with Pomelo partnerships, marketing, data, and operations teams on strategic customer opportunities, including presentations, major enrollment campaigns, or other initiatives critical to Pomelo’s customer success
- 2-3 years of experience in consulting, customer success, or project management, with preferably at least 1 year of health tech or healthcare experience
- Strong project management and creative problem solving experience, with a proactive, detail-oriented, and customer-focused mindset
- Proven experience leading projects and competing priorities across a range of external stakeholders and cross-functional internal teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and eager to thrive in a fast-paced metric-driven environment, with a track record of meeting or exceeding customer satisfaction, retention, and expansion goals
- Willingness and interest in using data and research to learn new content areas
Bonus points for
- Experience implementing solutions within health plans or employers, or experience managing health plan or employer relationships
- Experience working in a virtual care setting and/or with value-based care models
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, variable compensation, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $100,000-$120,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.