Obstetrics Provider, Intake/New Patients (NP or CNM)
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your North Star: Conduct initial patient intakes with pregnant and postpartum patients focused on identifying risk factors, developing a personalized care plan, and making sure they feel connected to our medical practice.
In this role you will:
- Conduct video-based intake visits with pregnant and postpartum patients new to Pomelo’s practice, focused on building strong relationships
- Develop care plans for patients that are grounded in patient goals and aligned with Pomelo’s population health programs
- Identify patient risk factors and surface them to the other members of the patient’s clinical team
- Collaborate with other specialists on the clinical team to make sure patients are referred in a timely manner following the intake
- Thoroughly document all components of the intake visit that will support the practice with coordinating care and closing prenatal and postpartum visit HEDIS gaps
- Actively participate in the practice’s on-call schedules, including overnight
- 1+ years of obstetric experience, including treating high-risk patients
- A passion for and demonstrated effectiveness in optimizing evidence-based care and perinatal outcomes
- Experience using data to drive patient engagement, activation, and outcomes
- A sense of urgency to improve outcomes coupled with exceptional organization and attention to detail
- A growth mindset with the ability to approach process change and ambiguous situations with enthusiasm, creativity, and accountability
- Facility using multiple tech platforms, with an eagerness for advising about platform improvements and adapting to new systems
- Eager to thrive in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment
- Phenomenal interpersonal and communication skills
Education and training
- CNM or NP with significant experience in obstetrics
- Active, unrestricted license to practice in the US and willingness to obtain licenses in all US states
- Residence in a nursing compact state
Bonus points for
- Telehealth and/or remote monitoring experience
- Experience in outpatient or home-based management of higher-risk patients
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven company where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $110,000-$135,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.